NeelDan's Encounter with Mr. Olympia

So there I am going through my shoulder rotine when this older, but still fairly massive, dude starts incline benching beside me.

You could tell he was a former competitive-type bb’er, but I had no idea how competitive, lol.

I was wearing my testosterone shirt and drinking Surge Workout Fuel (such a fan boi lol) and he asked me what I was drinking, so I told him. He then pointed to his shirt, which said Gaspari Nutrition, and mentioned some of his product line.

I had no idea that Rich Gaspari was the 1987 Mr. Olympia, lol.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
So there I am going through my shoulder rotine when this older, but still fairly massive, dude starts incline benching beside me.

You could tell he was a former competitive-type bb’er, but I had no idea how competitive, lol.

I was wearing my testosterone shirt and drinking Surge Workout Fuel (such a fan boi lol) and he asked me what I was drinking, so I told him. He then pointed to his shirt, which said Gaspari Nutrition, and mentioned some of his product line.

I had no idea that Rich Gaspari was the 1987 Mr. Olympia, lol.[/quote]

He wasn’t…

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
NeelyDan wrote:

He wasn’t…[/quote]

Lol, but apparently he’s claiming he was?

no no…my mistake, google returned a video of him doing his posing routine for the 87, but never said he won…lol.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
NeelyDan wrote:

He wasn’t…

Lol, but apparently he’s claiming he was?[/quote]

He was the runner-up.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
no no…my mistake, google returned a video of him doing his posing routine for the 87, but never said he won…lol.[/quote]

So, did you two go out on a date or not?

So you met Rich Gaspari…That’s pretty cool in itself. That guy did the absolute best with the genetics he had. His conditioning was incredible.

Not to be a nut-hugger, but there was a year or two in which it appeared he was the better prepared…but (at least then) it was a Weider-controlled contest and Lee was Joe’s current poster-child…just sayin

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
NeelyDan wrote:
no no…my mistake, google returned a video of him doing his posing routine for the 87, but never said he won…lol.

[/quote]

You’re him, aren’t you!

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
Stronghold wrote:
NeelyDan wrote:

He wasn’t…

Lol, but apparently he’s claiming he was?

He was the runner-up.
[/quote]

Yeah, Haney basically owned that whole era. I just thought Gaspari claimed to NeelyDan that he won the 1987 O and thought it was funny.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
Yeah, Haney basically owned that whole era. I just thought Gaspari claimed to NeelyDan that he won the 1987 O and thought it was funny.[/quote]

No, we didn’t talk training at all. We talked peri-workout nutrition, and I was giving him some tips on getting his website to be formatted properly for mobile devices.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
NeelyDan wrote:

You’re him, aren’t you![/quote]

You said you’d call!

An old commercial with Rich Rich Gaspari in Weider Bodybuilding Commercial - YouTube

highjack:

The owner of our gym was talking to me one day and I was telling him that he should supply free wi-fi internet and that it would be really easy to setup and very cheap to provide. i was trying to explain it to him and I just blew his mind, he had no idea what the hell I was talking about. I mine as well have told him it was chicken bone powered. There went my dreams of surfing the net in between sets.

Ask him why he has a product called ‘Novedex XT’ and markets it to the same people who need a drug called nolvadex to restart their testosterone production after using AAS. I love to hear the answer he comes up with. I don’t respect a man who tries to swindle people that bad.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
Ask him why he has a product called ‘Novedex XT’ and markets it to the same people who need a drug called nolvadex to restart their testosterone production after using AAS. I love to hear the answer he comes up with. I don’t respect a man who tries to swindle people that bad. [/quote]

I’m not intellectually equipped enough to engage in such a conversation, my good man.

[quote]NeelyDan wrote:
BONEZ217 wrote:
Ask him why he has a product called ‘Novedex XT’ and markets it to the same people who need a drug called nolvadex to restart their testosterone production after using AAS. I love to hear the answer he comes up with. I don’t respect a man who tries to swindle people that bad.

I’m not intellectually equipped enough to engage in such a conversation, my good man.[/quote]

Eh no worries. Wouldn’t change anything anyway and I’m sure he doesn’t lose sleep over it.

Rich Gaspari was one of the first guys that brought insulin and GH to the forefront of the olypians arsenal. He started a whole new era of vascularity, never beat Haney but probably should have at least once.

Familiar with this pic in the site?

Dude annoys the shit out of me.