T Nation

Needle Length

hello everyone i have just a quick question.i was at my local farm store the other day and saw that they had a bunch of needles and syringes the longest being 1 inch long.would these be ok to use ? im allready on hrt and just want to shoot some more on my off weeks.thank you

One inch in the glute should be fine as long as you’re not really fat. I used 5/8" in my shoulder.

would the needles from the farn store be of good enough quality

I go 1 1/2 in the glutes, but I have my mom’s genetics for thick legs and ass! When i use 1 inch, the oil balls up between the skin and muscle, so I go ahead and get the extra 1/2 inch and can feel when it goes into the muscle. 1 inch is fine for other areas of injections. Careful on the guage, the higher # will be a smaller barrel, which makes sucking an oil base up difficult. I like 22 or 23 guage, makes it a quick injection

[quote]bulldozer99 wrote:
would the needles from the farn store be of good enough quality[/quote]

Yes. The animal needles and syringes are just as sterile as the human version.

You may run into an issue with getting the proper gauges. Most of the farm stores have a selection that runs from 14 gauge to 20 gauge. Those are going to be much too large for you. At least they are way too big for me.

thank you rain jacket, that really was my concern.i thought i would pull with a 18 and shoot with a 22.im not really fat but i am big so i hope 1 inch will be ok.by the way they do have them in stock, i just wanted to see what you guys thought first…thank you all

One inch is better for Delts than glutes. I also use and recommend 1 1/2 inches for glutes. I use 23 gauge but 22 is nearly identical

i just wanted to let everyone know i did my shot on monday and it went great,no problems,no pain ,nothing to it…thanks to all for your help…

[quote]bulldozer99 wrote:
i just wanted to let everyone know i did my shot on monday and it went great,no problems,no pain ,nothing to it…thanks to all for your help…[/quote]

haha I remember the first time I stuck myself and I was like “wait a second… did that even go in??” I was not psyched up about it but really bracing myself for some pain.

[quote]bulldozer99 wrote:
thank you rain jacket, that really was my concern.i thought i would pull with a 18 and shoot with a 22.im not really fat but i am big so i hope 1 inch will be ok.by the way they do have them in stock, i just wanted to see what you guys thought first…thank you all[/quote]

I’d use a 22 to draw and a 23 or 25 to shoot. 18 gauge’s into the same stopper 30-40 times over the course of a cycle causes the stopper to crumble and fall into the vial. Bad news if you inject some.

Man, I am a puss, but when your 1st experience was a pre-load 18 guage meant for cattle, it makes one timid! And there is vertually no difference between 22-23 g E- man, the only thing that makes me decide one over the other is whether the pharmacy has one in stock. But I prefer 22 to the glutes. Speaking of which, some pharmacies sell them to me no questions asked, others in the same town say its against the law. Does anyone know of the legalities for buying syringes? I always tell them I have a 120 lb dog with severe arthritis, and he has a thick cortisone type med. If it’s a female, they usually give me any number, because I tell them “He has to be on it til’ he dies, so how ever many you can give me”. I get 'em for about .20 each! The male pharmacists will sell me one, and say,“we need a prescrition from the vet!” That’s when I pull the same line at the next pharm up the street!

[quote]H-Train wrote:
bulldozer99 wrote:
i just wanted to let everyone know i did my shot on monday and it went great,no problems,no pain ,nothing to it…thanks to all for your help…

haha I remember the first time I stuck myself and I was like “wait a second… did that even go in??” I was not psyched up about it but really bracing myself for some pain. [/quote]

I would say just to go to a local pharmacy to purchase syringes; like at wal mart. They shouldnt ask any questions; and they should have a larger variety of smaller gauge needles as well…
If they do ask what you need them for; just tell them its for your aunt’s cat… ha

[quote]shamus wrote:
Man, I am a puss, but when your 1st experience was a pre-load 18 guage meant for cattle, it makes one timid! And there is vertually no difference between 22-23 g E- man, the only thing that makes me decide one over the other is whether the pharmacy has one in stock. But I prefer 22 to the glutes. Speaking of which, some pharmacies sell them to me no questions asked, others in the same town say its against the law. Does anyone know of the legalities for buying syringes? I always tell them I have a 120 lb dog with severe arthritis, and he has a thick cortisone type med. If it’s a female, they usually give me any number, because I tell them “He has to be on it til’ he dies, so how ever many you can give me”. I get 'em for about .20 each! The male pharmacists will sell me one, and say,“we need a prescrition from the vet!” That’s when I pull the same line at the next pharm up the street!

H-Train wrote:
bulldozer99 wrote:
i just wanted to let everyone know i did my shot on monday and it went great,no problems,no pain ,nothing to it…thanks to all for your help…

haha I remember the first time I stuck myself and I was like “wait a second… did that even go in??” I was not psyched up about it but really bracing myself for some pain.

[/quote]

HAHAHA… I went to 19 pharmacies here in 1 day and none would sell me a goddam syringe. So I looked on made-in-china.com and found a needle manufacturer.

I called them and said I represent a large importer from america and met the dudes at the factory (i wore a suit) and I bought a sample box of 500 25gauge syringe/pin combos for $8. Yes, I know i’m an asshole.

[quote]H-Train wrote:
shamus wrote:
Man, I am a puss, but when your 1st experience was a pre-load 18 guage meant for cattle, it makes one timid! And there is vertually no difference between 22-23 g E- man, the only thing that makes me decide one over the other is whether the pharmacy has one in stock. But I prefer 22 to the glutes. Speaking of which, some pharmacies sell them to me no questions asked, others in the same town say its against the law. Does anyone know of the legalities for buying syringes? I always tell them I have a 120 lb dog with severe arthritis, and he has a thick cortisone type med. If it’s a female, they usually give me any number, because I tell them “He has to be on it til’ he dies, so how ever many you can give me”. I get 'em for about .20 each! The male pharmacists will sell me one, and say,“we need a prescrition from the vet!” That’s when I pull the same line at the next pharm up the street!

H-Train wrote:
bulldozer99 wrote:
i just wanted to let everyone know i did my shot on monday and it went great,no problems,no pain ,nothing to it…thanks to all for your help…

haha I remember the first time I stuck myself and I was like “wait a second… did that even go in??” I was not psyched up about it but really bracing myself for some pain.

HAHAHA… I went to 19 pharmacies here in 1 day and none would sell me a goddam syringe. So I looked on made-in-china.com and found a needle manufacturer.

I called them and said I represent a large importer from america and met the dudes at the factory (i wore a suit) and I bought a sample box of 500 25gauge syringe/pin combos for $8. Yes, I know i’m an asshole.[/quote]

Wow, what a man will go through to get a needle!

[quote] HAHAHA… I went to 19 pharmacies here in 1 day and none would sell me a goddam syringe. So I looked on made-in-china.com and found a needle manufacturer.

I called them and said I represent a large importer from america and met the dudes at the factory (i wore a suit) and I bought a sample box of 500 25gauge syringe/pin combos for $8. Yes, I know i’m an asshole.[/quote]

lol wow u really needed them pins. thats one hell of a smart idea though.
theres a lot of places online that sell em cheap and are reliable if you cant get them at the local pharms.

beachboi

I’ve been told needles are legal. They can be used for B12 shots. Those are totally legal. They are also legal for HRT and other medical purposes. If you go to the pharmacy you should be fine. I order mine off the internet at .09 a pin. This way there is never a problem. Buy them in 100s and never run out.

[quote]bulldozer99 wrote:
thank you rain jacket, that really was my concern.i thought i would pull with a 18 and shoot with a 22.im not really fat but i am big so i hope 1 inch will be ok.by the way they do have them in stock, i just wanted to see what you guys thought first…thank you all[/quote]

What is the difference with wich gage you pull with?? Getting ready to order some, Thats why I am asking.

Yeah guys google syringes and you’ll find plenty of places. Just about all of them are as good as they other. DC has a nice price if its 9 cents. I get 100box of syringes with needles for like $20. At the end of the day if you cannot get them in your town pharmacy buy them online. No excuses for not have syringes.