T Nation

Needing New Abs Routine

Hi,
I’m writing to see if anyone can suggest a new ab routine. I think I’ve done every ab workout on T-Nation, and would appreciate any new sources or ideas. Many thanks,

List the abdominal movements you’re doing. If you done every one ever listed and aren’t seeing results, it’s because of lack of intensity and not variety.

why do you need a new one? How have the other ones come up short? What exactly are you hoping for from an ab routine

[quote]Lorne wrote:
Needing New Abs Routine[/quote]

No you don’t.

State your goals for routine advice. Or we can just lay out a blanket ab routine. Do 100 sit-ups a day.

The best advice I have taken regarding abs is to stop doing direct ab work. Abs are recruited in almost every large movement (squats, deads, cleans, etc) and direct ab work is just overkill if you do any of those. It will give you a fat looking belly if you are not totally ripped.

something burning?

Okay Lorne, here are some suggestions. Do some dragon flags, but only have your upper back, shoulders, and head on the bench. Use your abdominals to move your body from the shoulders down.

Also, try some weighted hanging leg raises-strap some weight to your ankle, and don’t do any pussy leg raises with your knees bent. Make sure your legs are completely out and horizontal, and the weight hangs from your ankles. It’ll kill ya. Also, you could try holding the plank position for ten minutes.

Just get crazy with it.

Try heavy pull-ups with a heavy dumbbell between your ankles or overhead squats. If you can’t do those, you have more pressing concerns than your abs.

Not trying to be a dick, I can barely do pull-ups without a dumbbell. But then again, I also don’t believe in abs;)

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
<<<I also don’t believe in abs;)[/quote]

Me either, but I do believe in Santa Claus, leprechauns, unicorns, the tooth fairy, ufos, and ghosts.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
m0dd3r wrote:
<<<I also don’t believe in abs;)

Me either, but I do believe in Santa Claus, leprechauns, unicorns, the tooth fairy, ufos, and ghosts.[/quote]

Me too, I actually asked santa for abs for christmas, but if he doesn’t bring em I’m just gonna knock his teeth out and trade em to the tooth fairy for some sexy abs. I figure it’s more likely to happen than me cutting beer and carbs out of my diet long enough to drop some body fat the old fashion way.