Needing Advice on 1st TRT Cycle

Ok need some feedback please.All this is new to me, here is my story:

45 y/o male experienced most the typical symptoms of lowT/andropause, yadda yadda yadda so after physical and blood work my T level is at the low end of the spectrum (290) IGF-1 low (100) but w/in limits. The following is what I was prescribed as my HRT program (10 week cycle). Any comments and opinions are welcome as I was apprehensive in the first place.

(10 Week Cycle)
(Monday)- 200mg (1ml) Pfizer (Depo-Test 200mg/ml) (10ml vial) IM
(Tuesday & Wednesday)- 1mg Anastrozole
(Mon-Sunday)- 60mg/day of Armour Thyroid
(Monday & Thursday)- ½ ml Cyanocobalamin B12 (1000mcg/ml) (30ml vial) SubQ

Oh and 6-0, 245# will post labs soon.

Vancouver?

Please edit and remove the control characters from the above post.

Cycle? You are absolutely nuts!

Read the advice for new guys sticky and the protocol for injections. That is your best action right now.

[quote]KSman wrote:
Vancouver?

Please edit and remove the control characters from the above post.

Cycle? You are absolutely nuts!

Read the advice for new guys sticky and the protocol for injections. That is your best action right now.[/quote]

Ok after reading the protocol sticky I am wondering why a DR. in Florida prescribed me Anastrozole at 2mg a week and IYO should I divide the Cyp inj into 2 seperate 1/2 ml injections rather than 1? When I said cycle, he wants to check me after 10 weeks before adjusting or modifing my treatment. What are your thoughts on the Armour Thyroid? Also am I getting over-charged for these? pfizer depo-test 200 dollars, Armour Thyroid 120 dollars & Anastrozole 120 dollars pluss the cost of syringes total was about 550 dollars for 10 weeks. Sounds a little high to me. Thanks for all the advice.

@ KSman, Not sure if I replied correctly, I hit quote, not reply. Still getting used to site. So when i said cycle I meant the Dr wants to re-evaluate my treatment after 10 weeks. What are your thoughts on the Armour Thyroid? Is 2mg of Anastrozole way too much and it appears by the article you suggested I read that I split my test injections? I paid nearly 550 dollars for this 10 week treatment plan, is that excessive? Test was Pfizer 200 dollars 10ml, both Armour Thyroid and Anastrozole were 120 dollars each and 25 dollars for all syringes oh and 50 for B12. I am still researching and learning and just want to be healthy and not damage my body. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Typical of those Florida TRT chop shops. No reputable doctor would put a patient directly on 200 mg per week starting TRT.

You can get Rx 10ml 200mg/ml T cyp from a typical pharmacy for $100-$120. If you have a Sam’s Club business membership or at Costco, the cost will be around 1/2 of that.

Yes, try the suggestions in the protocol.

If you cannot post lab results and ranges, we cannot do much for you.

Read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • thyroid basics [post temperatures and describe history of intake of iodized salt and iodine from vitamins]

Thyroid meds will increase temperatures if they were low prior. Do you have pre-treatment temperatures?

You do not want to be treating an iodine deficiency with thyroid meds.