Weight 217
Calories roughly 2800 - 3000 a day

Training 3 years
Monday-Chest, Triceps
Tuesday-Back, Biceps
Wednesday-rest
Thursday-Quad,Hams, calves
Friday- Shoulders, Traps

When I got back Into the gym 3 years ago all I did was Cardio and count calories religiously to lose fat and went from 320 to 219lbs in a year, now I what to get that bodybuilder look and its not working out. I’m getting very strong but not any bigger, a guy at the gym said I should try ordering aas online so I tried but got frustrated with all the he say she say(scams and fakes) so I gave up on that real fast. Does my workout routine suck or do I need more calories?

[quote]9thward wrote:
When I got back Into the gym 3 years ago all I did was Cardio and count calories religiously to lose fat and went from 320 to 219lbs in a year, now I what to get that bodybuilder look and its not working out. I’m getting very strong but not any bigger[/quote]
Congrats on the killer progress. Where are you, strength-wise, on the basic lifts?

Yeah, um, stop talking to that guy. Seriously, you’re so far away from being ready for steroids, it’s not even worth mentioning.

Could be either or both. We don’t really know your workout routine, only your split. The exercises, sets, and reps you’re doing will have a huge influence on the results you see (or don’t see).

As far as the calories, generally if you’re trying to gain size and aren’t seeing results, you need to bump up your total calories a bit. Things get trickier when you used to be a big fat dude (no offense), because you usually need to keep a more careful eye on not gaining too much fat while building muscle (Usually by monitoring carb intake and possibly doing a little cardio along the way). It could be as simple as not getting enough quality protein everyday. What does a regular day of eating look like for you?

Thx bro, 225lbs. Bench press3x10- 135 military press3x10- 275 deadlift4x6-275 Barbell back squat3x10. The calories usually fluctuate day to day married with kids so I don’t really have the luxury of getting in the right amount of proteins, carbs etc, got to eat what ever wifey makes for the family I just make sure I have smaller portions.

I do make sure I get 50 grams protein after workout from my shake.

[quote]9thward wrote:
Thx bro, 225lbs. Bench press3x10- 135 military press3x10- 275 deadlift4x6-275 Barbell back squat3x10.[/quote]
That’s a pretty solid strength base so far, lower body strength could always use improvement (ha, in almost everyone).

Maybe look into following a pre-designed routine that hits everything and is specifically for building size. Something like:

I totally get having a busy schedule, but if you want to see real progress, you’ve got to bump things up and prepare right ahead of time. These articles have a bunch of good advice for that: