Need to Weigh in At 145lbs on June 10

I am a collegiate sailor and olympic hopeful in high performance sailing. I am 5’ 10" tall and weigh 173lbs. There is a competition in June that I need to weigh 145 in order for the team to meet the weight limit. I have 3 months to lose almost 30 lbs. Reaching this goal is mandatory in order to compete. I currently do complexes 3 times per week and HIIT training on 2 other days. I eat about 2400 calories daily. Any help would be extremely appreciated. I am considering the Velocity Diet, or doing whatever the University of Michigan wrestling coach says to do.

thanks

145, thats sickly for your height… your going to be seriously weak and you wont be able to do your job as good as you could. Sounds like if your 5’10 and need to weigh 145 that you need to find a new sport no matter how much you love it. Or find a new sailing club, or competition that has higher weight limits.

I mean it sucks that thats the sport you love, but your not built for it. Its no different than if you wanted to be a jockey…lets face it u need to be almost around 5 foot if you want to have a chance at that.

Doesn’t mean you have to give up sailing, but at least in this tournament.

5’10 145… and your 175 now…your going to be so weak its not even funny.

You need to know your exact body fat percent, as in go and get a DEXA scan. If you are really serious about this then you need to know if it is even possible.

Still and all, do all the other sailors weigh 145? what do they weigh? why do you have to weigh 145?

Even if you do get there you’ll suck ass. From what i hear from racing sailors that I knew in australia you have to be in some good ass shape and a team of sailors is made on the strength of their backs. Your back will look like what they serve sushi on at 145 i bet.

-chris

The reason I need to be so small is because the other guys are all pretty heavy. My own sailing requires that I weigh 165 ± a few. Should I just find another team and this team can get a girl to sail?

Jesus.

[quote]dkm49er wrote:
The reason I need to be so small is because the other guys are all pretty heavy. My own sailing requires that I weigh 165 ± a few. Should I just find another team and this team can get a girl to sail?[/quote]

Why don’t the other fucks lose some weight instead of it all landing on your shoulders?

I guess since they pay the bills and I would just sail for them.

It sounds like a recipe for failure any way you look at it. Not much of a TEAM if everyone on it isn’t willing to lose 5lbs to meet weight regs.

If you do it, you’ll be the weak link… and the scapegoat.

yeah dude i think you’re fucked either way.

You make the team and whether you do good or not you’ll get blamed as the weak link. No matter that this “”“team”“” [see my triples? see that] is full of dudes who arent willing to forgo some ice cream and go for a couple swims.

I’d find a better team which you are more a legitimate part. One that actually focussed on the collective aspect of team. Fuck man When i was competing and training guys in MMA I would cut weight with them whether I was fighting or not, just as an activity of solidarity and honor, something highly lacking in your prospective team. And we didn’t even compete as a team so to speak [because each fight is individual so to speak].

So yeah I’d politely decline and look to other teams that dont require self-fisting as the prerequisite to joining.

-chris

I started the V-diet at 175 and am now 150. I squat and sumo deadlift the same weight I did before the V-diet but for 2 more reps.

You can loose weight fast and gain some stregnth.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
I started the V-diet at 175 and am now 150. I squat and sumo deadlift the same weight I did before the V-diet but for 2 more reps.

You can loose weight fast and gain some stregnth.[/quote]

how tall are you? 5’10"? How much energy systems were you doing previous to the VD? This guys is already doing a huge load of cardio.

-chris

thanks for all the input. A new team is probably the best bet. On a similar note… How much weight is reasonable to lose without the Velocity diet or lots of supplements?

[quote]dkm49er wrote:
thanks for all the input. A new team is probably the best bet. On a similar note… How much weight is reasonable to lose without the Velocity diet or lots of supplements?
[/quote]

depends on body fat and diet.

-chris