Need to see a creepy, scary movie?

I’ve got the answer for you. And it opens this Friday. “Identity” has been receiving insanely great reviews. And from critics whom I admire. One being JoBlo of “JoBlo’s Movie Emporium”: “One of the first fun-time thrillers of the year.” Even Smilin’ Jack Ruby of C.H.U.D. is calling it “scariest since ‘The Ring’”.

Movies like this need support from us folks. You know, to give H-Town the encouragement to make more of these little gems. With X2 opening next week and Matrix: Reloaded the following week, flicks like this tend to get lost in the shuffle. So, here’s a bit of advice from someone who really cares: if X2 is sold out, SEE this movie instead.

The neat thing about movies like “Identity” is that they tend to be worth the $8 or $9 ticket. Good bang for your buck, babee. This movie’s got the cast (Cusack, Liotta, Peet), a excellent director (Mangold) and a excellent script that doesn’t treat it’s audience as “stoopid” - I’m seeing this flick (Ko’s out of town and I need to see a movie Saturday night). Oh, and I’ve already got my tickets for X2 next Saturday (woo hoo!).

Sorry for the bold type. OOOPS!

hey patricia - where’d you get your ticket for x2 so early? fandango for regal cinemas?

oh yeah, and identity is scoring an 80% on the cream of the crop tomatometer - a pretty sure sign it kicks ass.

Okay, I’m going to put my ignorance out here for all to see: What’s the dealeo on Matrix Revisited?

I’m seeing this deal at Best Buy to get the Matrix and Matrix Revisited on DVD, with some ticket thing for Matrix Reloaded, plus a bunch of other freebies (or maybe it’s discounts, I don’t have the ad in front of me) for $23.

Rummy: yup, on Fandango. You can also get yer tickets for Matrix: Reloaded, too.

And yeah, all signs are pointing to “Identity” bein’ gooooooooood.

Has anyone seen Rob Zombie’s House of a 1000 corpses. It looks kind of creepy in a Texas chainsaw massacre way. My fiancee and I both like horror flicks and were wondering if it turned out to be good.

brider: Matrix Revisited is Matrix w/extra goodies. I’m thinking of getting it just for the free ticket to Reloaded. Why not?

irondoc: save your money. Someone I know had been waiting to see this movie in a BAD way. Finally saw it, and was VERY dissapointed. I say wait for the DVD which will more than likely be the “unedited” version.

Patricia, think it will be scarier than The Ring? What did you think of it?

I am goin’ Sunday afternoon. I have been itching to go to the movies, but everything has sucked lately.

Revisited comes out in November and it is the prequel. Don’t know what characters will be in it or anything - maybe the formation of Zion?

Nevermind, I’m dumb. I thought the next Matrix coming out in November was Revisited. Maah bad.

House of 1000 corpses wasn’t bad. I went to it during matinee so I paid 5 bucks to see it, and I thought it was worth it. It was better then any recent “horror” other then the Ring, in my opinion.

A friend I went with described it pretty good… he said it wasn’t truly a horror, but it left him feeling “disturbed” after viewing it. Me on the other hand, I’d like to see when it comes out on DvD to see what Rob had to cut out for it to be pushed onto the big screen.

Patricia – I’ll be picking up the dual pack tonight (assuming they still have some). The free ticket is just icing. I’ve had Matrix on VHS for a while, and was just waiting for the DVD to go on a smokin’ deal. So with the TWO going on sale at the same time, how could I pass that up?

Hmmm,
Interesting. I saw the Trailer for Identity when I went and saw Phone Booth and I thought it looked alright. But after all this hype, I might jyst have to go see it. I LOVE a good scary movie. Although, The Ring was fucking scary!!! I dont think anything can top that. I’m gettin pretty antsy for The Matrix!!!

Actually, Revisited is a shrink wrapped package of the original Matrix, and the follow up bonus DVD that was released separately a couple of years ago. They have now conveniently shrink wrapped for your “Getting your ass fooled into buying something you already own” pleasure.

Actually, no that’s not what they’re trying to do. Here’s the info on “The Matrix Revisited”, which is essentially another DVD of extra material expanded on the Wachowski Brothers’ vision:
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0295432

They have postponed releasing this set for a while, for fear of looking like they are just trying to make a quick buck at their fan’s expense. Now they are rereleasing the combo set to raise interest in the sequel, including the free ticket to the new movie.

If you’re really into Matrix lore, the key piece to wait for will be The Animatrix. Awesome.