Need to Overtrain More Often

I think people need to overtrain more often. people need to get in the gym just about everyday… you really only need 1 day of rest a week. You body has time to recover during sleep.

arnold shcrwratznegaer worked out almost everyday and he was a beast. learn from the best.

god bless

[quote]moneyman7 wrote:
I think people need to overtrain more often. people need to get in the gym just about everyday… you really only need 1 day of rest a week. You body has time to recover during sleep.

arnold shcrwratznegaer worked out almost everyday and he was a beast. learn from the best

god bless[/quote]

thats a really dumb thing to say. overtraining almost always leads to 0 progress. and loseing gains you already made. arnold was a genetic freak we can not all do what the best are able to do

Overtraining can and should be used sometimes.

Going on a long trip where you absolutely won’t be able to train?

Overtrain the week before, you won’t experience the negative effects and you’ll have plenty of time to recover.

But I’ve said this before, if your ass can workout everyday your intensity must be that of a little girl playing with her barbies.

[quote]moneyman7 wrote:

arnold shcrwratznegaer worked out almost everyday and he was a beast. learn from the best.

god bless[/quote]

Do I also quit my job like Arnold?

[quote]moneyman7 wrote:

god bless[/quote]

I think you’re right. I mean EVERYONE only needs one day of rest. Even CEO’s of companies who work 12-14 hr days, sit in traffic for a few hrs and then have 3 kids and a wife to attend too.
Think before you type.

Not everyone can devote their entire life to lifting like Arnold did.

What if I take creatine, can I skip the off day, thereby getting huger than arnold?

Arnold never even worked out. He was genetically large and took steroids. Anyone that tells you otherwise is part of the coverup operation.

If we’re gonna act like Arnold, then I call the groping and womanizing part!

Seriously, if you eat perfectly, get 10 hours a sleep per night, and can lounge around all day when you’re not working out, then 6 days/week shouldn’t be a problem.

One question though: What kind of loser would want to spend 12-18 hours a week in the gym, unless they worked there?

[quote]moneyman7 wrote:

god bless[/quote]

You’re wrong.

[quote]moneyman7 wrote:

god bless[/quote]

Do you have Arnold’s amazing genetics, and anyone who says he didn’t have such is lying to themselves. Arnold didn’t grow inspite of his training he even grew dispite his training.

If you worked out 6 times a week and had full on intensity I don’t think your body would respond on day 6, instead of preaching to us, why don’t you try it out yourself and come back here in 6 months when you are Arnold’s size because you cracked the code to the ultimate size.

By the way that playing with Barbies line was genius!

[quote]moneyman7 wrote:
I am 14.
god bless[/quote]

I think what he was saying is shoot for “overtraining”, because 99% of us don’t even push our selves hard enough to overtrain…

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
If we’re gonna act like Arnold, then I call the groping and womanizing part!

Seriously, if you eat perfectly, get 10 hours a sleep per night, and can lounge around all day when you’re not working out, then 6 days/week shouldn’t be a problem.

One question though: What kind of loser would want to spend 12-18 hours a week in the gym, unless they worked there?[/quote]

i would lol

I think he’s yanking your chains. But that’s just what I think.

[quote]moneyman7 wrote:

god bless[/quote]

Are you serious? This is a joke right.

whenever i head to the gym i get a little nervous because i think i’m going to fuck myself up by going heavier than i ever have in my life.

So far, i’m good, but that doesn’t mean my time won’t come.

Long live the competition with yourself.

I agree with him to a point actually. That point being that most people say overtrain, but few rarely ever see that point. They use the word overtraining as a crutch, and as a result don’t work themselves as hard as they could. So they don’t see the gains that are possible. I used to lift twice a day 5 days a week 2 hours at a time and go to football practice, and I didn’t get injured or feel tired all the time. I just did really bad at my school work.

[quote]djrobins wrote:
I think what he was saying is shoot for “overtraining”, because 99% of us don’t even push our selves hard enough to overtrain…[/quote]

I agree. “Overtraining” is not a good practice in principle, but how many of us average joes or amateur athletes are really pushing the envelope? I know I routinely have my ass kicked into gear by my training partners and do more then I ever thought I could and I’m far from overtraining.

He does have a point even though he said it in a dumb way. Most people are pussies and dont get near overtraining.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
I agree with him to a point actually. That point being that most people say overtrain, but few rarely ever see that point. They use the word overtraining as a crutch, and as a result don’t work themselves as hard as they could. So they don’t see the gains that are possible. I used to lift twice a day 5 days a week 2 hours at a time and go to football practice, and I didn’t get injured or feel tired all the time. [/quote]

Exactly. I know everyone is different, and I think I have a much higher-than-average tolerance for training intensity and volume.

However, I still think people are way too quick to say “well I don’t want to overtrain” as an excuse to not spend time in the gym.

If your recovery and nutrition is in order, you’d really have to be training like a maniac to be truly “overtrained”, and I honestly don’t see many people training that hard…