Need to Lose Weight

So I need some help… I’m new to the forums for one thing and second the only lifting I’ve ever done was Oly lifts and Strength lifts for football. I’m 264 lbs at 6’1" I believe my last BF% test was 29%. I have decided that I want to lean out. But I also HAVE to lose the weight. I have to do this because my knees are going bad. I’m 16. I have looked online and decided to do a cycle of high and low carb days. I need some ideas for carb meals and non-carb meals. I need 330 carbs on a high day(twice a week) and 77 on a low day(4 days a week). I have a medium day on Fridays because of football games. I just need some ideas for meals and stuff. I would greatly appreciate all of your help.

Thanks so much and god bless,
Zeb

Lots, if not all, of these are low carb.

High carb…uh…cereal? Seriously, high carb is easy, dude.

You’re one big sixteen year old. I’ve cycled carbs in the past, I’d have chicken breast with sweet potatoes or steel cut oats for a P/C meal.

How did you select the amount of carbs you would have on a high/low day? 77 seems awefully low to me, what is your protein and fat intake at?

If you are trying to lose weight, then you need to be more concerned with the golden rule for losing weight: Calories in vs. Calories out! If you are ultimately concerned with maintaining what muscle you do have, I would have about a gram of protein per pound of body weight or slightly more.

The main reason why people cycle carbs is to allow themselves to have more energy on a certain day (probably for lifting but not always). A secondary reason would be a high carb day to make the low carb days seem not so bad. Cycling carbs is mainly for BBs who have a little BF to lose.

You have quite a bit to lose so I wouldn’t be concerned with cycling. If you want to drop your weight, eat lean protein sources and lean carb sources and keep your carbs to a relatively low level.

You’re 16, play football and still weigh 264lbs? Not to be a dick or anything many but you might consider the old STOP EATING SO DAMN MUCH diet. If you’ve maintained 264lbs through football and your metabolism at 16 you’ve got to be eating either way to much in general or you’re eating to much crap. Try dropping pizza and soda, focus on eating decent food and don’t worry about marco’s right now. You dump the crap and keep playing sports you’ll lose the weight.
IMO you don’t need to carb cycle or even go low carb at your age, just stop eating so damn much, put the Xbox away and lift.

[quote]dday wrote:
You’re 16, play football and still weigh 264lbs? Not to be a dick or anything many but you might consider the old STOP EATING SO DAMN MUCH diet. If you’ve maintained 264lbs through football and your metabolism at 16 you’ve got to be eating either way to much in general or you’re eating to much crap. Try dropping pizza and soda, focus on eating decent food and don’t worry about marco’s right now. You dump the crap and keep playing sports you’ll lose the weight.
IMO you don’t need to carb cycle or even go low carb at your age, just stop eating so damn much, put the Xbox away and lift.[/quote]

Im def eating to much… what i eat is relatively clean… I dont drink sodas. I wrestle after football. I’m just clean up what I eat and eat less.

[quote]NO.PAIN_NO.GAIN wrote:
So I need some help… I’m new to the forums for one thing and second the only lifting I’ve ever done was Oly lifts and Strength lifts for football. I’m 264 lbs at 6’1" I believe my last BF% test was 29%. I have decided that I want to lean out.

But I also HAVE to lose the weight. I have to do this because my knees are going bad. I’m 16. I have looked online and decided to do a cycle of high and low carb days. I need some ideas for carb meals and non-carb meals.

I need 330 carbs on a high day(twice a week) and 77 on a low day(4 days a week). I have a medium day on Fridays because of football games. I just need some ideas for meals and stuff. I would greatly appreciate all of your help.

Thanks so much and god bless,
Zeb[/quote]

Your options are very simple: cut out the carbs, keep the protein and healthy fats high. And, get in at least 4 to 5 times cardio a week (nothing less than 30 to 45 min cardio sessions at moderate to high intensity). Get plenty of sleep, and keep the water intake high.

basic rule of thumb: less calories in, burn more calories

Easy way to think about it… avoid starches, or keep them to a bare minimum. That means pasta, bread, crackers, rice, noodles, pizza (ouch), potatoes, snack chips (ouch), cereal (ouch) plus other starchy vegetables like peas and corn. Avoid starchy fruits like bananas, and sugary fruits like grapes.

Also avoid items made with sugar, and sweets, obviously.

That’s pretty much an instant low carb diet.

A good meal would be a piece of broiled meat/chicken/fish/turkey with a huge-ass salad, or with big servings of vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage/slaw, asparagus, spinach, or any fibrous carbs.

A small baked potato has 50 grams of carbs, while 2 cups of broccoli has like 12. You could eat 8 cups of broccoli and get the same amount of calories in a potato. So you can see that if you still want to eat a lot and feel full, fiberous carbs give you more bang for the buck. However potatoes are not your biggest problem, if you are eating massive bowls of spaghetti and other carb bombs. You can make a lot of headway just by trying to minimize the bad food choices, and maximize the good food choices.

If you want to ease into it and not eat such a limited diet, allow yourself all vegetables (and rice in moderation) and just eliminate the bread and pasta and sugar.

It can be hard to do this in high school (when you don’t always have 100% control over what you get to eat) so good luck.

Okay Zeb,

I’ve been where you are - infact, the body stats you put up pretty much sum up my entire highschool physique. I know remember how hard it is, so if I can, I’ll help you. It’s not going to be easy, but if you listen to what it is I have to tell you, you’re going to enjoy life.

PM me if you’re interested,

Nick, CPT.