Need to Lose 25 Lbs. in 2-3 Months

hey everyone.

i’m 19 @ 5’9" 198 lbs.

i’m currently in the delayed entry program for the navy and i need to get my weight down to at LEAST 185. but i want to go for 175, and i need to in the next 2-3 months, because i leave Jan 6th.

i go to the gym at least 3 times a week, for about an hour. i do light weights, more reps. the only cardio i do is run.

my main problem is my diet. i do want to follow a strict diet because i believe this would help me the most, but i don’t know what diet is best for me. my schedule is very flexible also.

basically, what diet paired with what exercise plan is best for me for this weight loss?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

I just lost this exact amount of weight in this time period. I made a thread about it:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/3_months_of_progress_opinions

At 6’ tall, I weighed 213 July 1st. Now I’m 190. I did 20 minutes carido with my workouts 5 days a week. I needed 2700 calories to maintain my weight, so I cut back to 2000 a day. The breakdown was about 20-25 percent fat. 35-40 percent carbs. 35-40 percent protein. If you have access to a computer every day, log your calories at a sight like www.fitday.com . I’d say this was the most important factor in my weight loss.

Eat good foods. No soda, no white bread, no french fries. No fast food (however if you must indulge, order the grilled chicken). Your carbs should come from fruits, veggies, and whole grains.

Depending on your activity level , you need 2400 to 2700 calories per day to maintain your weight. Drop that down to 1800 and with exercise you should be able to lose 2 lbs a week. But definitely check out fitday or a comparable site and log what you eat. IMO its the best way to know if your diets working and allows for you to fine tune it as you go along.

What % bodyfat are you? I’m DEP’d in for the USMC, I leave on December 8th. My ship weight is 218 or something, I’m just over 210 on any given day. My recruiter told me that I can go over that weight as long as I’m under 18% bodyfat. Check with your recruiter and see if that’s the same with the Navy. I’m taking advantage of that to get as strong as possible before I go.