Need to go from 13%bf to 8% in 7 weeks

[quote]plutusplutus wrote:
If you are currently 190 lbs @ 13% bf, you’ve got 24.7 pounds of fat on your frame. You are aiming for 8% bf which would mean a total of 15.2 pounds of fat. You want to lose 9.5 pounds of fat. At 3,500 kcals to a pound of fat, you need to net a 33,250 calorie deficit over the next 7 weeks. That’s a 4,750 deficit per week. Completely doable from a math standpoint.

Now that we’ve established that what you want to do CAN be done, let’s talk about how you do it.

Diet: Your carb cycling is a good approach. The coaches on T NATION have laid out a few great carb-cycling plans. Which to follow is up to you. As a general rule of thumb I like Mike Roussells’ 100 gram carb cure. In your case though I would probably go with something a little more intense (given your abbreviated time frame).

Exercise: We need more info to help you on this one, what are you currently doing? Look into some metabolic compound work. As a general rule, you want as many compound exercises as possible. Doing deadlifts will do wonders for creating caloric deficits that isolation exercises simply cannot. Big movements.

Other: Make sure you are getting plenty of fish oil, Biotest’s Flameout is great stuff. Balancing your lipid profile can really help with body composition. Get sleep! Lack of sleep can raise cortisol and lead to additional fat being stored in places you don’t want (like your midsection). Drink tons of water.

In summary, what you want to accomplish is completely possible. You just have to dial everything in, and most importantly INTENSITY. Go hard or go home bud, keep us updated.[/quote]

WOW this answer is great!!

[quote]bigtyivier2k2 wrote:
yeah my lifts keep going up![/quote]

Your squat and deadlift numbers seem very low, just sayin.