Need To Go Back In Time

[quote]malonetd wrote:
http://timetraveler.ytmnd.com/ [/quote]

Malonetd,
That’s hilarious and intriguing. There’s a great story embedded in that.

ElLoboSolatario,
Ever seen the movie “Time after Time”? This technique worked for Christopher Reeve. Coincidentally, it was on TV yesterday.

iffyboats,
25 years ago, the now-defunct Omni Magazine (“The magazine of science fact and fantasy”) had a serious article on the research into time, and outlined how scientists figured they could, theoretically, construct a device that could communicate with our past. Assuming there’s research going on somewhere, you can start Googling keywords, find out who’s doing the most on this subject (trust me: it’ll leave an Internet footprint; these guys would be doing research that they want to publish; the whole “secret government installation” thing is the stuff of movies), attach yourself to them, eventually offer to be a test case. It may take years, but you’ve “got time” so to speak.

And whether your current self would change depends entirely on what it is you need to tell yourself. If the message would totally change your life AND attitude/knowledge, then perhaps you cannot make it work due to current paradox theory. But if the message is simple “Floss more!” it might be fine.

[quote]pja wrote:
Using the idea that the laws of physics are absolute ie the same laws are valid for all observers and the idea that the speed of light is absolute, Einstein proved that whether an observer deems two events to be happening “at the same time” depends on the observers state of motion.

In other words, there is no universal now. With different observers slicing up the timescape into past, present and future in different ways, it can said that it seems that all moments coexist with equal reality.
[/quote]

This has always seemed like a specious argument to me. Just because my frame of reference makes it impossible for me to observe an event earlier than a certain time, doesn’t mean that it is happening when I observe it. I know you’re qualifying it by saying that it “seems” all moments coexist, but I know some people who make the argument that time is different between frames of reference.

I would suggest contacting this man if your interested in traveling back in time.

cue Huey Lewis…

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
cue Huey Lewis…[/quote]

I tried playing “Back in Time” over and over again but nothing happened…

I just found an article about the priciple of retrocausality, which may make it possible to send a message back in time.

Does anyone have any ideas for how I might send my past self a message with instructions?

You need one of these.

[quote]iflyboats wrote:
I just found an article about the priciple of retrocausality, which may make it possible to send a message back in time.

Does anyone have any ideas for how I might send my past self a message with instructions?

[/quote]

No. You will never know how to do it, even if it is possible.

How do I know this? You haven’t received a message yet from your future self, so you will never, ever send a message to yourself before this moment in time.

You cant go into the past first. You have to go into the future, and leave a message then go back to present and you will find the message when you reach the point in time youi laid the message. This is the only way that worked for me. You cannot change the past,unless you look at the future and go to the day before you did it leave the message then go back to the present of which you went into the future. Be carefull though, if you die in the future, no will die peirod,cause you cant go back to the present duh.

[quote]SWR-1240 wrote:

No. You will never know how to do it, even if it is possible.

How do I know this? You haven’t received a message yet from your future self, so you will never, ever send a message to yourself before this moment in time. [/quote]

Good point! Dunno if I believe it though. Maybe when he does achieve whatever it is, everything changes to the new reality instantly with the change occurring from when he remembers getting the message.

I hope it’s for something worth it. If it’s for a chick you’re a dumb arse.

may 29 was the date that I was permanently injured.

[quote]iflyboats wrote:
[/quote]

Watch “butterfly effect” recently?

[quote]iflyboats wrote:
[/quote]

Read something like this:

I think it’s better to just move on, personally. You wouldn’t learn shit by going back in time to stop your mistake from happening, whatever it was.

[quote]BF Bullpup wrote:
I think it’s better to just move on, personally. You wouldn’t learn shit by going back in time to stop your mistake from happening, whatever it was.[/quote]

learning shit is only advantageous if you’ll have an opportunity to apply that wisdom in the future

[quote]iflyboats wrote:

[/quote]

The only way I know how to send my notes back in time is in the fall when we switch our clocks backwards by 1 hour. I like to videotape a message to myself with the clock visible on the screen (say 1:30 a.m.). Then, when the clocks get switched, I watch the 1:30 a.m. video at 1:00 a.m.

DB