Need To Go Back In Time

I need to travel one year back in time. Anytime before May 29 of 2006 will work, but the earlier the better. Early March would be perfect. It is critical that I accomplish this, or at least deliver a message with instructions to my past self. I MUST avoid the mistake I made on May 29.

Did you get married or something?

I’ve got this brilliant time machine that I can sell with you - reluctantly that is - but you seem like you need it more than I do.

Just send me $1000 dollars, and I’ll post it out tomorrow…don’t miss this once in a lifetime offer.

[quote]iflyboats wrote:
I need to travel one year back in time. Anytime before May 29 of 2006 will work, but the earlier the better. Early March would be perfect. It is critical that I accomplish this, or at least deliver a message with instructions to my past self. I MUST avoid the mistake I made on May 29.[/quote]

So, whats the deal man? Is that the first time you tried crystal meth or something?

Years ago, when I was in college pursuing a degree, my faculty advisor was the head of the Physics department. He had two PHD’s, one in math and the other in physics. He claimed that past, present, and future are all occurring simultaneously (at some quantum level).

In conversations over beer, he felt that this (the quantum stuff, not the beer) might explain some of the the reported supernatural phenomena that have been reported, such as precognition. So, sit down, assume the lotus posture, start calming the monkeys of your mind, and send your past, but currently exisiting quantum self your warning thoughts.

It has as good a chance of working as any thing else some one might come up with. But how will you know?

[quote]rsg wrote:
I’ve got this brilliant time machine that I can sell with you - reluctantly that is - but you seem like you need it more than I do.

Just send me $1000 dollars, and I’ll post it out tomorrow…don’t miss this once in a lifetime offer.[/quote]

Don’t listen to this crap!
If he’s selling it for only $1000, it’s not real!

I have a REAL time machine, and to my knowledge, it’s the only one in existence.

I will loan it out to you for $10,000, but it must be returned exactly 1 minute after I loan it out (which shouldn’t be a problem since it’s a time machine).

I have certain blocks built into the machine so my past can not be changed, and it is programmed to find it’s way back to me.

For only $10,000, you can make yourself a multi-millionaire. Just check out some past lotto numbers, and go back to before they were played, and play them.

PM for more info!

So, uh, what mistake did you make?

Loser

This message has existed, in some form or another, on message boards for many, many years.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
This message has existed, in some form or another, on message boards for many, many years.[/quote]

I need to go back in time and erase it.

Time machines do exist, they are real…

Just ask John Titor. Oh wait, he already went Back to the Future…

ok so if I went back in time and corrected my mistake, would my current person be annihilated?

depends if time is circular or multiplanar

[quote]iflyboats wrote:
ok so if I went back in time and corrected my mistake, would my current person be annihilated?[/quote]

I would hope so.

Now tell us WTF you did on March 29.

[quote]mazevedo wrote:
iflyboats wrote:
ok so if I went back in time and corrected my mistake, would my current person be annihilated?

I would hope so.

[/quote]

His mistake was to not kill himself.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
mazevedo wrote:
iflyboats wrote:

I would hope so.

His mistake was to not kill himself.[/quote]

There’s never a bad time, you can still make it. I mean not…

[quote]Majin wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
mazevedo wrote:
iflyboats wrote:

I would hope so.

His mistake was to not kill himself.

There’s never a bad time, you can still make it. I mean not…[/quote]

LOL, it’s funny how these random threads go on pointlessly while more interesting topics die off quickly.

[quote]elLoboSolatario wrote:
Years ago, when I was in college pursuing a degree, my faculty advisor was the head of the Physics department. He had two PHD’s, one in math and the other in physics. He claimed that past, present, and future are all occurring simultaneously (at some quantum level).

In conversations over beer, he felt that this (the quantum stuff, not the beer) might explain some of the the reported supernatural phenomena that have been reported, such as precognition. So, sit down, assume the lotus posture, start calming the monkeys of your mind, and send your past, but currently exisiting quantum self your warning thoughts.

It has as good a chance of working as any thing else some one might come up with. But how will you know?[/quote]

Using the idea that the laws of physics are absolute ie the same laws are valid for all observers and the idea that the speed of light is absolute, Einstein proved that whether an observer deems two events to be happening “at the same time” depends on the observers state of motion.

In other words, there is no universal now. With different observers slicing up the timescape into past, present and future in different ways, it can said that it seems that all moments coexist with equal reality.

That being said, wormholes(rips in spacetime) are the only real way to time travel and nobody has ever proved that one actually exists so this guy is SOL.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
So, uh, what mistake did you make?[/quote]

Lmao, funniest post I have seen in quite a long time.