T Nation

Need to Cut for Fight, ASAP

This is my first post.Ive read many articles on this site and have learnt alot from you guys but im in a bit of a situation.

Im a fighter and need help with cutting weight and perhaps muscle. The reason i say this is that im currently 5’6, 168 and about 15ish % body fat. My last fight was a pro MMA fight and i cut threw eating little carbs but i still cut 10lbs the day before to make 155lbs.

I was gassed and all my training went to crap cause i had to lose so much water.Now i know many other fighters that cut much more then this and fight fine, but im one of the fighters that cutting water weight really affects.

When I was at 155lbs i still had some fat i could lose and my trainer said that if i really cut down i could possibly make 145lbs with alittle water cutting.

I was just asked to fight an amature Muaythai for a possible belt against another Kru(instructor). The fight being amature means i really cant cut water the day before and then get it back and fight the next day, i have to fight the same day.

Well, the fight was for oct 4 and i turned it down cause there is now way i can cut that much fat in time.

Ill fight in the next show if i can. Im really busy right now anyway and figured id lose most weight(get to 150-155ish) and then train properly.

For 2 weeks ive ate basically no carbs(under 20g)and only about 1200 cal.i started at 174.5 and am now at 168. doesnt seem like much but i havent trained those 2 weeks either due to being crazy busy with work.what shouldi be loseing with no carbs per week? am i not losing rapidly due to such low cal?

How can i get to 145-150ish from 168 in 2-3 months by losing mostly bodyfat? I should add that i dont lift weights cause i put on muscle really fast.Great for most of your sport, but not so good for mine.

Here you go:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=182&pid=2848

Get leaner. Bodyfat offers no benefit to strength, conditioning, speed, etc., especially for someone in a combat sport.

[quote]shooto22 wrote:
For 2 weeks ive ate basically no carbs(under 20g)and only about 1200 cal.i started at 174.5 and am now at 168. doesnt seem like much but i havent trained those 2 weeks either due to being crazy busy with work.what shouldi be loseing with no carbs per week? am i not losing rapidly due to such low cal?[/quote]

You’ve answered your own question.

You’re not losing as fast as you would otherwise because you haven’t been training.

[quote]shooto22 wrote:
How can i get to 145-150ish from 168 in 2-3 months by losing mostly bodyfat?[/quote]

Again, I think you already know the answer. You need to train and diet consistently. There’s no magic tricks involved, just consistent hard work.

Nate dogg, thanks for the link.

Mod Brian. hahaha very good point.What can i say, your absolutley right. I do wish there was a magic trick. I just hate training when im fat. Its frustrating when you know what its like training when your lean and then having to start again when your not. Ive just grown impatient i guess and lookin for the easy way out. When i ssay your answer i laughed cause your right, i guess i just needed to hear it.
Thanks guys

[quote]shooto22 wrote:
Nate dogg, thanks for the link.

Mod Brian. hahaha very good point.What can i say, your absolutley right. I do wish there was a magic trick. I just hate training when im fat. Its frustrating when you know what its like training when your lean and then having to start again when your not. Ive just grown impatient i guess and lookin for the easy way out. When i ssay your answer i laughed cause your right, i guess i just needed to hear it.
Thanks guys[/quote]

No problem.

Your post just reminded my of a conversation I recently had with a friend who’s getting ready for his next fight.

Good luck.