Need to Change

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
akshayjoshi222 wrote:
Taufiq wrote:
5 day split whole body? Which one is it? Split or full body? If it’s fullbody I think you’re doing too many sessions

no,i am doing split i.e mon-biceps,tue-triceps,wed-rest,thu-chest,fri-back and legs,sat-traps and shoulders,sun-rest

Wait, you are doing legs and back together, while giving biceps and triceps and chest their own days? And why do you have so many exercises?

Overall, I think you have too much bullshit there. Get rid of half of those exercises and pair up your arm muscles with larger bodyparts (e.g back & biceps, and chest & triceps).

Also, if you are only benching 44kg it is clear you are doing way too much volume and you need to cut things down. It is clear your body just cant recover properly from that in order to actually get stronger. Your increase of waist size confirms that the calories are there, there is just too much work for your muscles to recover and then supercompensate for.

I would suggest, you do 2-3 exercises per body part, and do something like:

Back/Biceps
Chest/Triceps
OFF
Legs
Shoulders
OFF
OFF

Or,

Legs
Shoulders
Off
Back/Triceps
Off
Chest/Biceps

Something simple with less exercises and focussing on adding more weight to the bar on a consistent basis. [/quote]

we’ll i’m seeing little effects with my current program,my biceps hv inc 0.5inches,good inc in shoulder,little in chest.So,i’m changing my routine and i’ll keep that routine in mind,should i try antagonist exercise routine, thanks

[quote]akshayjoshi222 wrote:
chitown34 wrote:
Where are the deadlifts and pullups!?! You are benching 44kg and that is twice as much as you are squatting… You should scrap your current routine all-together and focus on getting stronger. Look up Rippetoe’s Starting Strength or Madcow’s 5x5. It’s admirable that you are spending 5-6 days a week in the gym, but you are in dire need of a “back-to-basics” program.

thanks but i don’t know how to do deadlift since i gymming at home and i hv never been under a trainer[/quote]

I taught myself to deadlift at home by reading articles on proper form and by watching videos. When I started doing them years ago, I started VERY light and just focused on proper form for a long time. Here’s a great good video to get started:

http://www.vimeo.com/1073939?pg=embed&sec=1073939

here’s my new workout,i’hv included deadlift and rowing in it
Monday-Chest,back
Tuesday-Biceps,triceps
Wed-Legs,traps,shoulders
Thu-off
Fri-Chest,back
Sat-Shoulders,biceps

Chest and back-
EXERCISE Set #1 Set #2 Set #3
Bench Press 12 10 8
Decline Barbell Press 15 15 15
Incline Fly 15 15 15
Dumbell Flys 15 15 15
Bent Over Barbell Row 12 10 8
Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row 12 12 12
One-Arm Dumbbell Row 12 12 12

Biceps and triceps-
Alt. Dumbbell Curls 12 12 12
Dumbbell Hammer 16 16 16
Barbell Curls 4 6 6
Concentration Curls 6 6 6
Skull Crushers Barbell 12 10 8
One Arm Pronated Dumbb Tri Ext 12 12 12
Dumbbell One Arm Triceps Extension 12 10 8

Legs,traps and shoulders-
Prisoner squat 20 20 20
Deadlift 12 10 8
Barbell squat 12 12 12
Barbell Shrug 16 16 16
Dumbell shrug 16 16 16
Barbell Shoulder Press 12 10 8
Front raises 12 12 12
Barbell Upright Row 12 12 12
Arnold press 12 12 12

i’hv tried doing triceps after chest but couldn’t do better,so i think i should do it after biceps