T Nation

Need to Change

hi,i’hv been doing 5-day split workout for past 2-3 months,i train abs for 4 days a week,but i am not seeing any major effect,i’hv done this program 3 months earlier also.i’hv statrted it again after 2 months.

4-day abs program-crunches 3100,leg raises-3100 and i can raise the rep upto 200 for each set,then obliques with dumbell-3*100

biceps-
Alt. Dumbbell Curls 20 20 20 20 -10kg
Dumbbell Hammer 12 12 12 -10kg
Barbell Curls 5 5 5 5 -28kg
Concentration Curls 12 12 12 -10kg
Preacher Curls 12 12 12 -16kg

triceps-
Skull Crushers Barbell 12 10 8
One Arm Pronated Dumbb Tri Ext 12 12 12
Dumbbell One Arm Triceps Extension 12 10 8
Seated Triceps Press 12 10 8
One-Arm Dumbbell Triceps Extension 16 16 16

chest-
Bench 20-20k 15-32k 8-38kg 6-44kg
Decline Barbell Press 15 15 15-10kg
Overhead Dunbbell 12 10 8-16kg
Dumbell Flys 15 15 15-10kg

legs and back-
Barbell Full Squat 12 12 12-22kg
Bent Over Barbell Row 12 10 8-22kg
Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row 12 12 12-10kg
One-Arm Dumbbell Row 12 12 12-10kg

traps and shoulders-
Barbell Shrug 16 16 16-40kg
Barbell Upright Row 12 12 12-16kg
Barbell Shoulder Press 12 10 8 -28kg
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 12 12 12-10kg
Power Partials 12 12 12-6kg

i want to get muscular with toned tummy,i am 22 yrs,5ft7inches tall,62kg,i am training really hard but nothing seems to be working,i am taking optimum whey 3 times a day and universal amino caps 4 a day,i want to make abs that’s why i am doing 4 day training for abs but my waist has increased frm 29 to 32 inches,i don’t knw wht’s wrong.

pls guys i need some serious suggestion to improve my body,pls suggest me a better workout and diet plan(vegeterian) ,i don’t visit any gym,i do all these exercises at home and i don’t hv any partner to help me out,pls help guys,

your waist has increased because you are probably eating too much.

stop doing so much ab work and focus on the main compound lifts.

read the stickeys at the top of the beginners forum

do you do all this on one day?

Read the stickies, and read around the site in general. The Dan John, Poliquin and Thibaudeau archives are good places to start.

Also having abs is all about being very lean/8% bodyfat , not loads of crunches

5 day split whole body? Which one is it? Split or full body? If it’s fullbody I think you’re doing too many sessions

If you able to complete all of those sets and reps with out failing then you can lift a hell of a lot more. That is my advice, lift heavier and keep lifting heavier until you can’t anymore.

[quote]Taufiq wrote:
5 day split whole body? Which one is it? Split or full body? If it’s fullbody I think you’re doing too many sessions [/quote]

no,i am doing split i.e mon-biceps,tue-triceps,wed-rest,thu-chest,fri-back and legs,sat-traps and shoulders,sun-rest

[quote]bulldogtor wrote:
do you do all this on one day?[/quote]

i will try to eat less,no i don’t do all these exer. on one day,each part on one day

[quote]Cprimero wrote:

Read the stickies, and read around the site in general. The Dan John, Poliquin and Thibaudeau archives are good places to start.

Also having abs is all about being very lean/8% bodyfat , not loads of crunches[/quote]

thank u,i’ll keep that in mind

thanks everybody,i’ll keep in mind all the suggestions but pls let me know that my workout plan is good or i hv to change it

pls help me make a 3270cal vegeterian diet,i’m currently consuming 2081cals

[quote]akshayjoshi222 wrote:
pls help me make a 3270cal vegeterian diet,i’m currently consuming 2081cals[/quote]

Take your two favorite meals from the day, and eat them again.

[quote]akshayjoshi222 wrote:
thanks everybody,i’ll keep in mind all the suggestions but pls let me know that my workout plan is good or i hv to change it[/quote]

Combine biceps and triceps to one day and then make a separate leg day and back day.

Vegetarian diet… hmm well after I get done eatingn a meal I usually eat several tablespoons of peanut butter. That packs a lot of calories. Also try snacking on nuts throughout the day and adding olive oil to the vegetables you eat.

thanks,definetely gonna do this

Where are the deadlifts and pullups!?! You are benching 44kg and that is twice as much as you are squatting… You should scrap your current routine all-together and focus on getting stronger. Look up Rippetoe’s Starting Strength or Madcow’s 5x5. It’s admirable that you are spending 5-6 days a week in the gym, but you are in dire need of a “back-to-basics” program.

[quote]akshayjoshi222 wrote:
Taufiq wrote:
5 day split whole body? Which one is it? Split or full body? If it’s fullbody I think you’re doing too many sessions

no,i am doing split i.e mon-biceps,tue-triceps,wed-rest,thu-chest,fri-back and legs,sat-traps and shoulders,sun-rest[/quote]

Wait, you are doing legs and back together, while giving biceps and triceps and chest their own days? And why do you have so many exercises?

Overall, I think you have too much bullshit there. Get rid of half of those exercises and pair up your arm muscles with larger bodyparts (e.g back & biceps, and chest & triceps).

Also, if you are only benching 44kg it is clear you are doing way too much volume and you need to cut things down. It is clear your body just cant recover properly from that in order to actually get stronger. Your increase of waist size confirms that the calories are there, there is just too much work for your muscles to recover and then supercompensate for.

I would suggest, you do 2-3 exercises per body part, and do something like:

Back/Biceps
Chest/Triceps
OFF
Legs
Shoulders
OFF
OFF

Or,

Legs
Shoulders
Off
Back/Triceps
Off
Chest/Biceps

Something simple with less exercises and focussing on adding more weight to the bar on a consistent basis.

Whatever program you decide to do, you should probably limit your lifts to deadlifts, squats, rows, presses, pullups, and dips. Someone who is benching 44kg and squatting the bar has little need for chest flies, concentration curls, and pronated tri extensions…

[quote]chitown34 wrote:
Whatever program you decide to do, you should probably limit your lifts to deadlifts, squats, rows, presses, pullups, and dips. Someone who is benching 44kg and squatting the bar has little need for chest flies, concentration curls, and pronated tri extensions…[/quote]

I agree, but he should do some arm work too if he wants big arms.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
chitown34 wrote:
Whatever program you decide to do, you should probably limit your lifts to deadlifts, squats, rows, presses, pullups, and dips. Someone who is benching 44kg and squatting the bar has little need for chest flies, concentration curls, and pronated tri extensions…

I agree, but he should do some arm work too if he wants big arms.[/quote]

x2

everyone posting questions on this forum should be doing:

squats
deads
bench
overhead press
pullups or downs
rows
curls
tri extentions
and glute hams if at all possible. After doing these for a few months my hammy, and especially my glute development took off.

[quote]chitown34 wrote:
Where are the deadlifts and pullups!?! You are benching 44kg and that is twice as much as you are squatting… You should scrap your current routine all-together and focus on getting stronger. Look up Rippetoe’s Starting Strength or Madcow’s 5x5. It’s admirable that you are spending 5-6 days a week in the gym, but you are in dire need of a “back-to-basics” program.[/quote]

thanks but i don’t know how to do deadlift since i gymming at home and i hv never been under a trainer