Need Temporary Eating Plan

I’m in a bit of a dilemma. I play Online Poker for a living for my income, 5-6 days a week from 12pm to 11pm (straight, no break) usually and sometimes even later. In my house my mom cooks my meals so that is how I am able to eat. Well she’s going on vacation for 2 weeks and I need a temporary solution.

I have Grow! Whey, Allmax Weight Gainer, and a fridge that is in my basement where i play that I can quickly run to and grab stuff out of. I have a morning shake that consists of Grow!, Superfood, Oatmeal, a banana, and a cup of mixed frozen berries. So that takes care of 1 meal for the day, and when my poker session is over I can have another meal right before bed so that takes care of 2. Any help for some sort of temporary plan will be great.

[quote]rp_7 wrote:
I’m in a bit of a dilemma. I play Online Poker for a living for my income, 5-6 days a week from 12pm to 11pm (straight, no break) usually and sometimes even later. In my house my mom cooks my meals so that is how I am able to eat. Well she’s going on vacation for 2 weeks and I need a temporary solution.

I have Grow! Whey, Allmax Weight Gainer, and a fridge that is in my basement where i play that I can quickly run to and grab stuff out of. I have a morning shake that consists of Grow!, Superfood, Oatmeal, a banana, and a cup of mixed frozen berries. So that takes care of 1 meal for the day, and when my poker session is over I can have another meal right before bed so that takes care of 2. Any help for some sort of temporary plan will be great.[/quote]

wow,

^ lol. That’s what it is man. Don’t get it twisted, I train from monday - friday mornings and rarely ever miss a training session. But this is real life…and making money supersedes all else. As I said that is my job since I don’t have one.

I realize I’m still noob and all… but Supps and Nutrition used to be my favorite thread because it seemed to have the least BS, intentional or unintentional. I read others but don’t post due to others knowing more than I. But this? Really? Is he serious?

If making money supersedes all else dude is on the wrong website.

[quote]rp_7 wrote:

I have Grow! Whey, Allmax Weight Gainer, and a fridge that is in my basement where i play that I can quickly run to and grab stuff out of. I have a morning shake that consists of Grow!, Superfood, Oatmeal, a banana, and a cup of mixed frozen berries. So that takes care of 1 meal for the day, and when my poker session is over I can have another meal right before bed so that takes care of 2. Any help for some sort of temporary plan will be great.[/quote]

OK bro, so you have 13 hours a day where you can sleep and train, and you have someone else to cook for you, and if that fails you have shakes to whip up. What is your dilemma, exactly?

I just noticed the “my mom is going on vacation” and realized this has to be a joke. I really hope this is a joke.

LOL gtfo with this hate seriously. What is so funny? Do you guys not have jobs? I mean, I don’t expect a random person to understand, but there are a WHOLE lot of people who make a living (and a great one at that) doing exactly what I’m going. The difference is 98% of them are out of shape, don’t train, and just order pizza to eat while they play during the day. Stop being ignorant for christ sakes. You don’t think I have expenses/my own bills to pay off too? If you seriously think my situation is “BS” then get a clue. I gave you my situation, now either help out and contribute something or keep it moving. no shots.

Cook all your food on Sunday for the entire week, and Tupperware it in the fridge.

-Sab

Ok, joking or not I’m here to offer some help. Do a combination of simple cooking and snacks. Get some foods that are healthy to snack on (see below) and prepare some bulk recipes on the days you don’t have to play poker (see below)

Snacks:
mixed nuts - you can even find them in individual prepacked bags so you don’t have to worry about measuring anything
no sugar added yogurts
jerky - again with the prepaged servings
prepacked cut celery and carrot sticks
prepackaged

Recipes to Premake for the week ahead: (from JB’s website)
(this section really depends on your goals, but I’ll assume maintenance)

Bodybuilder’s Chili

[quote]The easiest way to go about making this chili is to spend Sunday afternoon cooking enough for the rest of the week. (You can’t go wrong with pre-made meals for the entire week!) First, get yourself one of those empty 5-pound buckets of protein you used to buy before Biotest’s Advanced Protein hit the market and then fill it with chili, using the following recipe.

Sure, if you broil up 7 pounds of ground beef, throw in a can or two of stewed tomatoes, some kidney beans, a can or two of tomato paste, and a fistful of chili powder, say the magic words (Long live Beano!) and next thing you know, you’ve got fourteen quick meals. Spoon about a half pound out in your tupperware in the morning and toss it in the microwave when it’s time to eat. That’ll cut prep time down to a minimum. You can also do the same thing with chicken and turkey. Let’s recap:

7 pounds extra lean ground beef, chicken, or turkey
3 cans red kidney beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
2 cans tomato paste
Chili powder
Small Bucket
Magic Words

Sure it won’t taste as good as Bubba’s 5-alarm chili, but then again, you’ll have a much better physique than Bubba, bubba![/quote]

Protein Pasta

[quote]If you’re of the “higher carb” persuasion (as Seinfeld would say “not that there’s anything wrong with that!”) and you’ve got some time on your hands, pick up some pasta. The trick though, is to get yourself some protein enriched pasta. Throw in some meatballs made from extra lean ground sirloin, turkey, or John’s favorite, ground chicken.

Finally, top it all off with fat-free chunky pasta sauce and you’ve got yourself a decent, high-protein meal you can eat without attracting all those stupid protein questions from your co-workers or classmates. This meal actually appears, gasp, normal to them. If they only knew! Heck, you could even invite over that T-vixen you’ve had your eye on and show her your, uh, “manicotti.”[/quote]

Protein Oatmeal

[quote]If you’re really in a time pinch, and you’ve got no meat or eggs prepared, you could always mix yourself some oatmeal and protein powder. This is a favorite of ours since we’re pretty busy T-men. A good quick meal would consist of cooking 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal and 1 cup of water in the microwave for 3-5 minutes. Then after it’s cooled a bit, add a packet of Grow! (or one of those “other” MRP’s) or 2 scoops of Advanced Protein, and maybe some mixed nuts or natural peanut butter (if you don’t mind the fat).

Mix slowly so that it gets nice and thick. In fact, if you mix up chocolate protein into the oatmeal and add some crunchy peanut butter, you will swear it’s the bodybuilder’s version of a Reeses’ peanut-butter cup.

This meal is so easy that you can probably store all the ingredients at work so you can whip it up at any time. Just be careful of who you work with, though. For months I was having a problem with getting lean and thought I was getting a mild case of gyno. I finally found out that my diet was being sabotaged. One afternoon, back when Grow! came in tubs, I caught Cy Willson hunched over in the corner of the break room eating my Grow! with a spoon. He looked like an addict. Protein powder was spilling all over his mouth and chin as he rapidly shoveled spoonful after spoonful of the tasty MRP into his mouth. Then he would laugh fiendishly while filling the empty tub with soy protein! Sicko.

The recipe again:

1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup of water
40 grams of protein powder or MRP
Sweetener (you don't need the sweetener if you use Grow!, though, because its sweeteners won't degrade when you microwave 'em)
1 serving of mixed nuts or 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter[/quote]

Big tub 'O tuna salad

[quote]…try making up a whole tub of tuna on a Sunday afternoon. Don’t worry; keep it refrigerated and it’ll be okay all week. This time, though, vary the recipe a bit. Helmann’s has all these great flavored mayos now. Mix up your tuna with half flavored mayo and half fat-free plain mayo.

If you don’t have a lactose problem (or if you do and you’ll be by yourself for a couple of hours), mix in some of your favorite fat free, cream-based salad dressing. Try dicing up some onions and celery and tossing them into the mix, or add some relish or pickles. With tuna, the possibilities are endless.[/quote]

some mo:

Hard Boiled Egg Burritos
Shredded, hard boiled eggs (1 dozen whites and 2 yolks)
Mayo
Salsa or hot sauce
Veggies
Wheat tortillas

Tuna Burgers
Two cans of tuna in spring water
2 tbsp. of oat Bran
One egg
Curry powder
Fry in a pan until egg is cooked

Kitchen Sink Burger
Half pound of ground sirloin
1 Egg
Bread crumbs
Chopped veggies
Broil to taste

Orange Protein Creamsicle
1 box sugar free vanilla pudding
1 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups of orange juice
2 scoops vanilla Advanced Protein
Blend until thick

Berardi Instant Breakfast
2 cups milk
3 scoops protein
One half cup of dry instant oatmeal
Sweetener
Blend together for 30-60 seconds

[quote]rp_7 wrote:

Can you cook?

[quote]rp_7 wrote:
LOL gtfo with this hate seriously. What is so funny? Do you guys not have jobs? I mean, I don’t expect a random person to understand, but there are a WHOLE lot of people who make a living (and a great one at that) doing exactly what I’m going. The difference is 98% of them are out of shape, don’t train, and just order pizza to eat while they play during the day. Stop being ignorant for christ sakes. You don’t think I have expenses/my own bills to pay off too? If you seriously think my situation is “BS” then get a clue. I gave you my situation, now either help out and contribute something or keep it moving. no shots.[/quote]

I agree bro. I have a similar problem, too. When my mom doesn’t cook for me, I’m not really sure how to get food into my body. I know some of you are going to say “cook in advance” or some lame shit like that, but I don’t think you realize, I have a JOB. Any tips bros? Help me or f off. No hate plz.

thx for the help. Someone else on another forum suggested pre cooking chicken breasts, then microwaving them to eat…so i’ll prolly move my microwave downstairs by my pc or something. And those snacks like mixed nuts sound like a good idea.

My question was serious but i guess you took it as sarcasm. Buy one of these.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/ezbake.shtml

If you don’t like EZ bake ovens and are able to cook, JB’s Chili is perfect for a couple of months.

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/recipes/recipes.htm

It takes a little while to make, but it will last you several months if you freeze it.

lol.

get a slowcooker bro. chile and all that jazz.

rice and meat

I’d recommend taking a mid day break in the poker. That shits gotta be a huge grind. Maybe even do your workout in the middle. Clear your mind, etc. And use that time to eat.

So for Jb’s Chili, I premake that shit, then just throw it in the fridge and warm it up whenever i’m gonna eat it? Or should i freeze it? I only need it to last for two weeks.

What kind of fail is this thread, like seriously. Cook it 3 times while shes gone, ~5 days worth, eat it, then recook. It’s not difficult. Most of us cook for the week or half-week, week in week out. We don’t have mothers waiting on us while doing our jobs.

Seriously, I’m having trouble comprehending the level of fail in the OP.

I would advise you to look up a recipe for “testicles”. Then try to make some and attach them to the empty space between your legs.

wow i mean WOW!!!

OP … get a grip, your mother is not always going to be around to do these thing’s for you.

We need to eat, without it we die… MAKE TIME!!!

Im a single parent with a high profile job, im out of the house from 6am till 6pm. I manage to cook, clean, work, workout and spend time with my kids.

Even those of us that work full time, get a lunch break. Take a frigging lunch break. If you REALLY can’t (i have no idea how online poker works) cook in batch cook at the begining of the week.

You just need to be organised, once a week i head to the chicken, throw as much chicken as i can under the grill, while thats cooking i chop and bag loads of salad/veg etc, i also bag portions of protien whey, nuts and anything else i need for the week.

That way when it’s meal time or before i leave for work in the morning all i have to do is grab a few bags of the things i need and im good to go.

All i can say is im glad your not my son even my 6 year old can find his way to the kitchen to make himself a sandwich. Saying that if you where my son i sure as hell wouldn’t be making your meals, if your old enough to play poker your old enough to sort out your own damn food.

You have no excuse… just do it.