Need Surge While on Low Carb

ive been reading this article by CT

on page 3 he has a recipe for peri,during,post workout drink to get the same effect as surge composed of glutain,BCAA,glycine, and leucine all with whey isolate.

i looked up the stuff used and its pretty expensive. would taking enough of the Biotest BCAA and a half serving of surge be ok? what about that new Biotest l-leucine?

im on a bulking diet via Ct’s nutrition for newbies articles but im keeping carbs low to minimize fat loss, im eating lots of green veggies. im on 2200-2500 calories a day.

You’re bulking on 2500 cal/day? How much do you weigh?

If you are trying to keep the carbs super low, then you’re Surge is probably going to have to wait.

If you’re having a reduced carb diet, then the carbs from Surge are fine.

i weight 178, my rmr is ~1850. im trying keep carbs under 30 grams a day. this is hard because of all the trace carbs i eat from nuts and protein.

i just recently stocked up on omega 3 eggs(660 mg omega 3 each) and 30 pounds of chicken breast and lots of brocoli. im trying to keep fat gain minimal. workout is 4 day on 3 off

I weight about the same as you (181). I am on a cutting diet and I am consuming the same amound of cals. How are you bulking on that?

[quote]RMorrison wrote:
I weight about the same as you (181). I am on a cutting diet and I am consuming the same amound of cals. How are you bulking on that?[/quote]

x2 i’ve cut from 191 to 184 (so far)on about 2500kcal and sub 100g carbs/day.

I think the trace carbs and peri/post training are worth it to help recovery and energy levels. If I were you I would look at adding beans/pulses as low gi carbs, fibre and a bit of protein to get the kcals up, as 2500 to bulk is going to be a slow process.

I have been eating on a dime to for over a 7 months and sticking to under 70 grams of carbs a day. Only time I eat starchy carbs have been 1 serving of Surge (1/2 pre and 1/2 post) and then 30 grams of BCAA’s pre,peri, and post workout.

All my other carbs are veggies and possibly an apple in the morning. I am also consuming 20-30 grams of fish oil a day spread out into 6 doses. PROBLEM I think my my fat loss has stalled.

I am getting stronger and definitely adding lean mass, but it is weird because my body weight is staying the same 194 lbs, but I am getting a little leaner, however fat is still on lower back, sides, and stomach. So I am eating high protein, high healthy EFA’s, and very low carb because I am carb intolerant.

I can pack on the pounds very fast from anything with starchy carbs in it. My thought G-flux maybe? Now, I know I should weigh more in the 170-175 range not 194 pounds with the strength level I am at.

I will also add that my weight staying the same but losing a slow amount of fat maybe because I have added a large large amount of muscle in my legs over the past 7 weeks via diet and CW’s Total Body Training Program.

I understand most people have more fat to lose than they think, but I am very confused as to what I am doing wrong. 3 days a week of Low-Intensity Cardio PWO for 45 minutes is also part of my current regiment.

Is it possible the 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee or 4 Omega 3 eggs in the morning is too much fat for me? Is it possible that EQUAL(only at work I use splenda at home) in my coffee is causing too much of an insulin spike (after all it is dextrose, maltodextrin,

Then aspartame) Or is it possible that consuming Surge PWO is not good for me because I workout finishes around 7pm in the evening and it is too close to bedtime? I usually pick Saturday as a glycogen refeed day, and have 4 mistakes that day, but all other meals or on spot. all week long

Not sure where to go from here. Getting very frusterated because the only fat I have left seems to be some visceral fat on my belly and lower back/sides.

I appreciate any feedback at all.

Current Diet example:( I eat like this everyday except for Saturday I loosen up a little) I don’t drink really anymore either.

Meal 1:
4 Omega 3 Eggs
5 grams of fish oil
3 slices of turkey bacon
1 apple
3 cups of coffee w/ splenda and 4 tablespoons of half and half(only 1 carb a serving)

Meal 2:

4 hard boiled eggs
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1 cup of green beans
5 grams of fish oil
1 cup of coffee 2 tablespoons of half and half 3 packets of equal

Meal 3:

Starkist Tuna Pouch
5 grams of fish oil
2 cups of brocolli
diet coke

Meal 4:

starkist Tuna Pouch
5 grams of fish oil
2 cups of brocolli
diet coke

workout
meal 5: half serving of Surge pre and 1/2 serving of Surge Post
30 grams of BCAA’s pre, peri, and post workout

meal 6: 8oz of Pot Roast lean fat trimmed
4 mini carrots
onions
celery
water
5 grams of fish oil

I look foward to anyone’s feedback.

Thanks.

[quote]RMorrison wrote:
I weight about the same as you (181). I am on a cutting diet and I am consuming the same amound of cals. How are you bulking on that?[/quote]

i have a high bodyfat %. i decided to go with 2600 a day. i got this number by CT’s article nutrition for newbies article.

i weight 175. if you do the math i have a rmr of ~1800. multiplied by my 1.2 activity rate and then add 20% you get 2600 calories.