T Nation

NEED Surge After Every Workout

Seriously though, the other day I couldn’t have Surge after a workout because I had to go directly from school to the Gymn to a meeting; I got a huuuuggeee headache about 10 minutes after my workout (I sip my first half during workout and finish it right after usually).

Also, I think I’m addicted to the sugar rush it gives me when I’m done working out; it’s like I workout just so that I can have my Surge afterwards. Any similiar experiences?

Yup there’s crack in it. I’ve never tried Surge but I was thinking about ordering it.

Yeah, I sniff 3 scoops after each work out.

Actually I had the same feeling. I just ran out the other day and have two tubs sitting at my parents house two hours away. My mom came to visit today and forgot them by the back door. Now I’m agonizing over not getting to have my Surge after my workout tomorrow. I feel like a junky that needs a fix!

PeterD

I don’t need it to ward off headaches, but I can honestly say I have had it after every workout for at least four years now and the post-workout recovery it stimulates is unbeatable for me. The perfect combo is Surge with Creatine thrown in the mix and a handful of BCAA’s.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
I don’t need it to ward off headaches, but I can honestly say I have had it after every workout for at least four years now and the post-workout recovery it stimulates is unbeatable for me. The perfect combo is Surge with Creatine thrown in the mix and a handful of BCAA’s.

D[/quote]

Extra BCAA’s?! Doesnt it already have like 13 grams per serving? LOL.

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
I don’t need it to ward off headaches, but I can honestly say I have had it after every workout for at least four years now and the post-workout recovery it stimulates is unbeatable for me. The perfect combo is Surge with Creatine thrown in the mix and a handful of BCAA’s.

D

Extra BCAA’s?! Doesnt it already have like 13 grams per serving? LOL.[/quote]

Yes indeed. Some of my best gains have been in the last two years of lifting in regard to muscle growth. In these last two years in addition to Surge I have consistently used BCAA’s combined with Surge and have noticed a definitive positive difference.

D

this might be taboo around here but…i’ve seen good gains with just Low-Carb Metabolic Drive mixed with orange juice or pomegranite juice for post work out. as well as some creatine during that cycle phase. is surge really that much better than my own concoction?

[quote]ttombobadly wrote:
this might be taboo around here but…i’ve seen good gains with just Low-Carb Metabolic Drive mixed with orange juice or pomegranite juice for post work out. as well as some creatine during that cycle phase. is surge really that much better than my own concoction?[/quote]

Yes.

-dizzle

Hrmmm… LoL I was looking for my post and couldn’t find it because I titled it, “Is there crack in Surge?” I guess that isn’t very PC… I’m not gonna lie and say Surge is the best PWO drink I have ever had; I just like the taste and feel compelled to help support Biotest because I enjoy this site so much, even if they do pimp out there products a bit much at times…

[quote]ttombobadly wrote:
this might be taboo around here but…i’ve seen good gains with just Low-Carb Metabolic Drive mixed with orange juice or pomegranite juice for post work out. as well as some creatine during that cycle phase. is Surge really that much better than my own concoction?[/quote]

Yes, Surge would be better, however I do remember reading some interesting data about Casein based shakes post workout as opposed to whey - whey promoted growth a fair bit more, however casein halted catabolism to a greater degree.

However, whichever way you go, fruit juice isn’t generally considered optimal due to the fructose - I think.

well that sounds good. i have felt a shorter soreness period after i lift, so that would make sense. i ordered Surge though to take the test myself.
and the fruit juice provides a little bit of carbs to get that insulin rush. plus just whey protein after work out sucks.

Yeah, however fructose doesn’t provide the same insulin spike that maltodextrin / dextrose provide - that’s what I was trying to get at.

Let us know how the difference is =)