Need Source for Fish Oil

hi there.
I hadn’t have any respone in the original post from LL, so I’ll start a new thread: as I said, I moved recently from Argentina to Germany, and would like to know wich brands of fish oils are any good, and were to buy them. (Any good online store?)

thanks in advance

fer

Kind of expensive but GNC is always safe/easy.

costco

[quote]ferchu wrote:
hi there.
I hadn’t have any respone in the original post from LL, so I’ll start a new thread: as I said, I moved recently from Argentina to Germany, and would like to know wich brands of fish oils are any good, and were to buy them. (Any good online store?)

thanks in advance

fer[/quote]

I e-mailed John Berardi asking him about fish oil and this was his reply. “As far as fish oil, gotta go with the Sam’s club or Costco brands.” Hope that helps.

ferchu, my favorite online source is iherb.com. They’re a US company, but they do ship internationally.

But honestly, with the cost of shipping, you’d probably do better finding a local source; i.e., in Germany. Have you tried using Google?

I somehow missed this post. I myself have mentioned in a number of threads and articles that wholesale clubs like Costco and Sam’s Club are by far the cheapest and appear to be contaminant free. Consumer Reports even gave them the big thumb’s up after much scrutiny.

The only drawback seems to be their inefficiency, that is, the capsules are “weak” at just 30% combined EPA + DHA. Most of the fat in these just isn’t the “active ingredient” per se.

Although Costco’s enteric version appears to be much more potent.

ok, thanks everybody for the replies, I’ve been absent for a few days and I’ve just read those.

thanks for your time

If you live near a Trader Joe’s, they have a good combination of price and potency. They sell bottles of 90 for $7.99, and each pill has 500 mg of combined EPA/DHA.

Buy some capsules/oil from any healthshop - surely they have those in Deutchland :wink:

I pop a spoonfull of cod liver oil every morning and top up with oily fish two three times a week, mackrel etc. Pilchards are damn cheap & Tasty @35pence for a small can - For a great snack toast a wholemeal pita bread, slice it in two empty your pilchards in tommy sauce on both halves, de-bone them, open a can of tinned tomatoes slice some up and layer on top, then sprinkle some cumin powder and chilli flakes, then pop under a hot grill for 5 mins. Hey Presto devilled sardines - Fantastic!