Need Some Support!

Hey all,
I’m new to the site , just found the forum… what a great resource!

I just wanted to post in regards to motivation… I have been working out for some time now , with very mixed results.

And I KNOW this is because of my lack of dedication in all or some ares of the key things that make up a great workout…

Either it’s my diet , my cardio , my resistence , my rest … whatever!

I find that I have all this awesome info available and I know what to do to achieve my goals but I guess the old adige is actually keeping the consistency up…
Any suggestions ?

Most recently , and forgive me for not posting pics / stats but i’ll get around to that.
Let me just say i’ve been fantastic with the weights over the last 2 months and made great gains , but my diet has been bad and i’m still carrying fat over my abs etc … no commitment to cardio , too haphazard and eating too little , no breakfast / not all clean food.

I know these things but does anyone have any interesting motivational tips / ideas for keeping going strong ??

Thanks guys ,
And thanks for all the great info!
Peace.

Hey man,

I’ll give you two pieces of advice.

The first is Just get to the gym and make it routine, no excuses, think of all the time and effort you have already wasted training and watching your nutrition before only to stop and have to re-start again.

The second piece of advice is the picture. It’s so simple.

[quote]jbodzin wrote:
Hey man,

I’ll give you two pieces of advice.

The first is Just get to the gym and make it routine, no excuses, think of all the time and effort you have already wasted training and watching your nutrition before only to stop and have to re-start again.

The second piece of advice is the picture. It’s so simple.[/quote]

Heya!
Haha,
Yes Yes I see your point…
It’s very true though you’re right, making a routine is the key to keeping the consistency…
I guess it’s just hard sometimes with a metabolism like mine I find my body packs on fat really quick and I have to work super hard to keep it off.
Problem is I have high hopes and I work out very hard at my weights (after a hard days work as well) and then have to face a run as well !! I know thems the breaks but it can get very hard to push on to that run …
Any advice maybe a different weights prog ?
I’m currently doing this, with variations as I see fit.
MONDAY:
Chest- I don’t usually count reps because I try to get out as many as possible with a spotter.
3 sets of Dumbell presses.
3 sets of incline Dumbell/Barbell presses.
3 sets of flies
These are all to failure and then some.
:- Then a 20 minute good paced run
TUESDAY:
Shoulders-
3 sets of lat raises
3 sets of arnold presses
3 sets of barbell presses
(note that someimtes i’ll use cables at the gym or a plateu routine where I do rear delt raises , lat raises , and front raises without rest and holding for 3 secs then straight into presses)
:- 20 Minute Run
WEDNESDAY:
Back and Arms.
The usual exercises, 3 of 3sets for each.
(note i’m always doing one set of abs inbetween all my sets everyday)
:- 20 minute run
THURSDAY:
TRIS and Legs.
Same again.
Run
Usually for the rest of the week i’ll either do a light overall routine or some sort of circuit.
Keep in mind I go very hard on all of this with my training partner and am ALWAYS buggered the next day.
I guess maybe as well as being more consistent with the runs and the diet I also need PATIENCE! i’m sure as the physique I want will take a while.
Any other thoughts ?
Thanks guys!
I may even start a progress thread soon.

If you are always pushing to failure or “always” doing aything… you kind of use up your ability to do that. No wonder you don’t feel like tear assing it to the gym anymore.

Dude, pick some real programs. Mix things up. Don’t train to failure all the time. I’m not picking on your split per se, but it sounds suspiciously like bench and bicep material. Where are the chins? The dips? The rows? The deadlifts?

Read some of Chad Waterbury’s work, he talks a lot about neuromuscular issues… and all I can do is munge it up if I try to repeat it here.

If you switch things up and don’t train the same parameters all the time, you’ll find your body is much more “interested” in getting down to the gym and communing with the iron.

You mentioned that it seems that you put on fat pretty quickly… you and I are in the same boat. The key to that, of course, is your diet. There are tons of good articles on here about diet and how it effects your training and results. This site is a very good resource.

Best of luck to you on getting to where you want to be!

and ummmmmmm count reps for starters try going to 10 reps, add more weight if it was easy… progression is good so are more/bigger plates.

Hey guys,
Once again,
Thankyou heaps for the responses, and might I say for the “positive” responses… one thing i’ve noticed with forums is they aren’t the most welcoming of places…

But so glad to see the good responses, I mean yes it’s true, at the end of the day it’s up to the individual and up to my ability to keep it interesting and fun, but you know i’m like this in every avenue of my life a bit of a perfectionist with the best of intentions that never seem to work out ahaha

So I have it in my head that I want the craziest of results but it’s always on and off… so I guess I gotta just hit the search function and really conquer this one,

So anyways I’m going to do a progress log and keep ya’ll informed and see how I go, thanks again for the awesome response, every post I read has something true to my situation!
Thanks guys.
Peace.

[quote]RicciR wrote:
Hey guys,
Once again,
Thankyou heaps for the responses, and might I say for the “positive” responses… one thing i’ve noticed with forums is they aren’t the most welcoming of places…

But so glad to see the good responses, I mean yes it’s true, at the end of the day it’s up to the individual and up to my ability to keep it interesting and fun, but you know i’m like this in every avenue of my life a bit of a perfectionist with the best of intentions that never seem to work out ahaha

So I have it in my head that I want the craziest of results but it’s always on and off… so I guess I gotta just hit the search function and really conquer this one,

So anyways I’m going to do a progress log and keep ya’ll informed and see how I go, thanks again for the awesome response, every post I read has something true to my situation!
Thanks guys.
Peace.[/quote]

Good luck man, you have a great attitude. and remember this is T-Nation people here are a little rough around the edges and it’s best that way, it keeps the non-commited, looking for an easy fix, I only want to be told what I want to hear, people out.

Keep us updated.