T Nation

Need Some Suggestions

Hey T-Nation, I've been reading a lot of your helpful posts, but I've got some questions myself.

I've been training seriously for around 7 months now, and I've gained from 53 kilos (115 Pounds) to 68 kilos (150 Pounds). I don't know if that is good progress so I'm here to look for some opinions. Also, for the past month I've been slowing down a little in terms of gaining weight, I'm not 100% sure why this is but here's my routine and diet plan.

Breakfast: 3 servings of wheatabix with milk, on a non training day a protein shake.
Snack: 150 grams of chicken breast, whey protein shake
Lunch: 200 grams of chicken breast with 1 small potato and 1 apple
Afterwork out: Protein shake
Dinner: 300 grams of steak served with rice and broccoli, carrots.

Work out plan:
Monday: Incline Benchpress 4 sets of 8 - 10
Flat benchpress 4 sets of 8 - 10
Butterfly 3 sets of 8 - 10
Tricep training on cable 4 sets of 8 - 10
SZ french press 4 sets of 8 - 10
Triceps machine 3 sets of 8 - 10
Ab Machine 4 sets of 15
Hanging leg raises 3 sets of 20
Crunches 4 sets of 25

Wednessday: Neckpress (If that's what its called in english?) with barbell 4 sets of 8 -10
Side lifts 4 sets of 8 - 10
Front lifts 3 sets of 8 - 10
Latzziehen to neck 4 sets of 8 - 10
Latzziehen to breast 4 sets of 8 - 10
Rowing 3 sets of 8 - 10
Hammer Curls 4 sets of 8 - 10
SZ scott curls 3 sets of 8 - 10

Friday: Legpress 4 sets of 8 - 10
Leg curls 4 sets of 8 - 10
Squats 3 sets of 8 - 10
Calf press standing 4 sets of 8 - 10
Calf press sitting 3 sets of 8 - 10
Crunches 4 sets of 25

I drink Sci-Tech Whey protein for my protein shake and also createston from peak (this 1 I drink 1nce a day, in the morning or after work out.

So what do you think? Constructive critisicm and feedbacks are appreciated

Edit: I'm 16 years old, 5'7

Just some things that jump out at me:

Not enough back work (Latzziehen is a pulldown correct?) for my tastes.
Make sure you hit the rear delts somewhere in there, directly.
Not enough hamstring work
Can you add a day or two a week to lift?
That probably isn't enough food to gain now that you aren't emaciated anymore.

Good work so far though.

The reason I don't do as much Hamstring work is because I do a good amount of sports in school and out of school and I just thought maybe I could cut down a bit on leg work, but I'll take the advice. Also could you give me some advice on eating if that's not enough? In terms of how much and when to that is.

Edit: Tuesdays and Thursdays I've got afterschool activities which last till 5 and I won't be home untill 6 or so which then is dinner. I'm not sure about after dinner work out, I find that I can push myself the most between 16:00 - 18:00, but never really tried to work out after. Saturdays I lift sometimes but only if I feel that I need to.

My main concern is imbalance here.

I did fairly well with 1,200 cal breakfast shakes. You won't need that much, as you're about 70lbs less than I was at the time.

It really is a matter of eating more, and more often if you have to in order to get it all down.

Don't be afraid of ground beef, pork, peanut butter, cottage cheese, bread, milk, etc. Don't go and live off of waffle's and icecream, but there is no need to eat super strict at this point.

I feel like you would get better results if you were to get more frequency. A 4th day would help.

What does your progressive overload look like? Are you adding 5lbs to the bar every week?

I'm a little iffy about minced meat, because it seems very fattening, obviously shouldn't seem to matter so much for me as i'm still rather small but I don't want to gain any fat, trying to keep it lean and around 10 - 12 % bodyfat. Apart from that peanut butter and bread I will try to eat as often as possible. Thanks a ton for the tips.

I'm trying to, currently my bench is at 60 kilos (132 pounds) and I started at around 20 (44 pounds. Haha). But I kinda hit a plateau and It's hard to push past 132, you're probably right its my eating habbits, need to really eat a lot more.

Edit: Also, what would I work on on the 4th day if I were to add it?

You could start the rotation over again.

Hitting every muscle group, consistently over the course of years, while eating enough to grow is going to the be the most important part.

If you restrict yourself too much as to how "clean" you eat, you are going to have a hard time putting on a serious amount of mass. No one is saying get fat, but you may have to get well above 12% to achieve a goal of size that exceeds pedestrian.