Need Some Help :)

So this is the story. I was in Iraq working out about 5 to 6 times a week I was doing 45 mins of cardio a day if not twice a day. I went there with 26.9% bodyfat And came home with 4% But I wasn’t as big as I wanted to be so the problem comes here. I hurt my foot (riped off a toe nail) And was out for 2 weeks lost my abs kinda sucks it was my own fault not watching what I was eating and drinking.

Now that I can go back and go 100% I am going to start my cardio I wanted to know if anyone knew how to cut the fat without losing the size was I doing too much cardio or was I now lifting hard enough. There is a pic of what I looked when I came home from Iraq not close to half the guys on this site but it was a start and I lost it like a dumbass trying to just find the fastest way to get it back. I mean I didn’t get fat I can still see my abs somewhat just not as good as they were.

I know everything in lifting takes time just wanted to know if anyone had a clue on how to help me I will take any help I can get!

Helpful tips:

learn punctuation
put hat on straight
pull shorts up

[quote]Mdoggie wrote:
Now that I can go back and go 100% I am going to start my cardio I wanted to know if anyone knew how to cut the fat without losing the size was I doing too much cardio or was I now lifting hard enough.

[/quote]

look up anything related to high intensity interval training for cardio (think explosive sprinting - jumping etc…)

as far as your lifting is concerned try EDT by Charles Staley. EDT will break you down and build you up like nothing else. its fun and above else it really works. ive tried and tested this form of training and found it to be the most productive block of workouts i have ever done as far as over all body conditioning is concerned (fat loss combined with hypertrophy). i never recorded the progress i gained from EDT but trust me give it a go a judge for yourself!

Chad Waterbury is another fella to look up because he has a variety of workouts based around your current goals.

p.s. prepare for a potential flame fest…

good luck!

[quote]Mdoggie wrote:
So this is the story. I was in Iraq working out about 5 to 6 times a week I was doing 45 mins of cardio a day if not twice a day. I went there with 26.9% bodyfat And came home with 4% But I wasn’t as big as I wanted to be so the problem comes here. I hurt my foot (riped off a toe nail) And was out for 2 weeks lost my abs kinda sucks it was my own fault not watching what I was eating and drinking.

Now that I can go back and go 100% I am going to start my cardio I wanted to know if anyone knew how to cut the fat without losing the size was I doing too much cardio or was I now lifting hard enough. There is a pic of what I looked when I came home from Iraq not close to half the guys on this site but it was a start and I lost it like a dumbass trying to just find the fastest way to get it back. I mean I didn’t get fat I can still see my abs somewhat just not as good as they were.

I know everything in lifting takes time just wanted to know if anyone had a clue on how to help me I will take any help I can get![/quote]

If I am correct and that is a current photo, why would fat loss be your main goal?

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Mdoggie wrote:

I know everything in lifting takes time just wanted to know if anyone had a clue on how to help me I will take any help I can get!

If I am correct and that is a current photo, why would fat loss be your main goal?[/quote]

Sasquatch,
I think that is a pic of him when he came back from Iraq, but now he isn’t that lean anymore, and wants to get it back.

mdogg,
You aren’t going to put on any muscle if you are doing cardio 45-90 minutes a day. At best you’ll keep what you have (doubtful) and lose the fat.

If you want to put on muscle, you need to clean up your diet. Eat lots, and lift heavy. If you are going to go back to 5-6 days/week you need a good split. I like Christian Thibaudeau’s programs for hypertrophy.

As far as cardio, keep it short and intense. High intensity is the way to go.

Just decide whether you want to get lean first, or big. You can try to do both, but your progress will be much slower. Figure out what your priorities are, and go from there.

The pic is from when I got home, not as cut anymore