Need Some Help

I am 16 and I weigh 195 and at twelve percent body fat. Wrestling season is right around the corner and i wrestle 189 should i stop taking protein and any other supplements that i am taking to so that it will not be as hard to loose weight or is there a way that i can work the protein into my diet?

[quote]Bellawrestler189 wrote:
I am 16 and I weigh 195 and at twelve percent body fat. Wrestling season is right around the corner and i wrestle 189 should i stop taking protein and any other supplements that i am taking to so that it will not be as hard to loose weight or is there a way that i can work the protein into my diet?[/quote]

You need A LOT of help - and you’re not going to get what you need on the Internet. You need to read a book. Here’s one: http://www.grapplersnutrition.com/

Anyone who answers your question any differently is doing you a disservice, as you need to learn so much that specific answers to your questions will not be helpful in the long (or short) run.

[quote]Bellawrestler189 wrote:
I am 16 and I weigh 195 and at twelve percent body fat. Wrestling season is right around the corner and i wrestle 189 should i stop taking protein and any other supplements that i am taking to so that it will not be as hard to loose weight or is there a way that i can work the protein into my diet?[/quote]

No, keep your protein high, reduce your carbs until you reach your goal weight.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
No, keep your protein high, reduce your carbs until you reach your goal weight.
[/quote]

Now there is some damned good advice! What does “high” protein mean? How does one “reduce” his carbs? Drastically? Over a few weeks or months?

It’s obvious this kid knowns NOTHING about nutrition. So he really has no business asking questions. By answering them, you are putting a band-aid on cancer.

I know you guys love giving advice. But sometimes the best advice you can give is this: Hey, kid, go buy this book. Then sign off the fucking Internet and read it. If you then have specific questions, I’d be happy to answer them.