Need Some Help!

im Kieran, im 23 and my goals are to drop bodyfat so I can join the royal air force and to be strong, fit and lead a healthy lifestyle.

My diet at the moment is
.whey/Banana
.4 Scrambled Egg Whites/Brown Bread
.Tuna and Pasta
.Chicken and Vegetables
.Whey/Almonds
.Yeo Valley Yoghurt

I don’t know how good my diet is but if someone could advise me on any changes I need to make that would be great

my training from tomorrow will be with my younger cousin, doing boxing/kickboxing with pads, weights, bodyweight exercises.

I also jog in the evenings for around 2miles.

Can you give us any idea of quantities or daily calories or something of that sort?

honestly I don’t know, all I know is I need around 1400 calories daily.
my stats are
Height - 5ft1
Weight - 12stone6
Goal weight 9stone 5, and see how I look
BMI - 32 I think
Age - 23

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
Can you give us any idea of quantities or daily calories or something of that sort?[/quote]

yeah without knowing quantities it’s hard to say, but your food choices are good.

Drop that yeo valley yoghurt though dude, you’re not a middle aged woman!

Also, I see you’re eating your carbs in the morning and eating low carb at night. I find it more satisfying to do it the other way around. It’s probably not going to make a huge difference in terms of weight loss, but when I’m restricting carbs I like to have some carbs at night for the sake of eating a satisfying evening meal. Just something to consider.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
Can you give us any idea of quantities or daily calories or something of that sort?[/quote]

yeah without knowing quantities it’s hard to say, but your food choices are good.

Also, I see you’re eating your carbs in the morning and eating low carb at night. I find it more satisfying to do it the other way around. It’s probably not going to make a huge difference in terms of weight loss, but when I’m restricting carbs I like to have some carbs at night for the sake of eating a satisfying evening meal. Just something to consider.[/quote]

How the flying fok are you deducing the timing of his meals?
What substantial carbs do you see in his diet beyond the pasta with his tuna?
How do you confirm that his food choices are good when most of his food choices contain popular allergens?
Are you human?
How the fok do you have 9 million quadrillion posts already?
Are you speaking from legit, prior, personal knowledge or are you vicariously vomiting regurgitated information?

Search on YouTube & watch some videos… I think you’ll definitely get some result…:slight_smile:

[quote]kieran91 wrote:

My diet at the moment is
.whey/Banana
.4 Scrambled Egg Whites/Brown Bread
.Tuna and Pasta
.Chicken and Vegetables
.Whey/Almonds
.Yeo Valley Yoghurt

[/quote]
If you are going to only eat part of the egg, eat the yolk, not the whites. Skip that bread, it does nothing for you. Same with the pasta. If you are overweight, those two alone will make the largest difference. The rest looks pretty good overall.

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Also, I see you’re eating your carbs in the morning and eating low carb at night. I find it more satisfying to do it the other way around. It’s probably not going to make a huge difference in terms of weight loss, but when I’m restricting carbs I like to have some carbs at night for the sake of eating a satisfying evening meal. Just something to consider.[/quote]

How do you confirm that his food choices are good when most of his food choices contain popular allergens?
Are you human?
Are you speaking from legit, prior, personal knowledge or are you vicariously vomiting regurgitated information?
[/quote]

lol

aren’t you the kid that squats 30% of his max for sets of 6?

You’ve sussed me out. I don’t even lift.

[quote]kieran91 wrote:
honestly I don’t know, all I know is I need around 1400 calories daily.
[/quote]
I don’t want to knock you, but if you know how many calories you need to reach your goal (I think you’re probably wrong, but putting that aside), surely the next logical step is to find out how many calories you’re consistently getting?

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

Are you human?
[/quote]

I agree with Jarvan that these don’t look like great food choices. I would consider all of these options as “cheat meals” if I was to eat them, which I wouldn’t.

I don’t agree with Jarvan with the personal attacks on Yogi, seems like picking pointless fights.

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
I agree with Jarvan that these don’t look like great food choices. I would consider all of these options as “cheat meals” if I was to eat them, which I wouldn’t.
[/quote]

I don’t see the problem, with the exception of the yoghurt.

Bread and pasta aren’t the demons they’re made out to be, in my opinion. If he’s not having any digestive problems then what’s the harm?

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
[/quote]

Bread and pasta aren’t the demons they’re made out to be, in my opinion. If he’s not having any digestive problems then what’s the harm?[/quote]

Somehow you know the timing of his meals, and that he has no digestive issues.
Didn’t know that you knew OP personally.

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
[/quote]

Bread and pasta aren’t the demons they’re made out to be, in my opinion. If he’s not having any digestive problems then what’s the harm?[/quote]

I personally always perform better when I cut processed grains out of my diet. In my personal experience, this is also something that’s massively helped me in losing excess fat, which is the OP stated goal.

In terms of body composition, if I can stick to meat, veg and some fruit for all my meals, good things happen. I also go slowly crazy because I’m a greedy bastard at heart.

[quote]Jarvan wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
[/quote]

Somehow you know the timing of his meals, and that he has no digestive issues.
Didn’t know that you knew OP personally. [/quote]

I assumed he listed his meals in order, and he mentioned no digestive issues?

We cool bro? Bro? Yeah bro?

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]dagill2 wrote:
[/quote]

I personally always perform better when I cut processed grains out of my diet. In my personal experience, this is also something that’s massively helped me in losing excess fat, which is the OP stated goal.

In terms of body composition, if I can stick to meat, veg and some fruit for all my meals, good things happen. I also go slowly crazy because I’m a greedy bastard at heart.[/quote]

Oh don’t get me wrong, I can see why you would suggest it, it’s just my own experience has been that nothing changes in terms of anything (weight loss or otherwise) when I am consuming grains.

I did eliminate them for a good long while and when I reintroduced them nothing major happened. I realise this won’t be the case foe everybody.

i think my diet is ok, theres always room for improvement.

I swapped the yeo valley yoghurt for greek yoghurt.
no I don’t have any digestion problems.
ill swap my carb sources to potatoes and brown rice rather than bread and pasta.

my goal is to drop the bodyfat to get into the air force. im keeping positive even though my mum doesn’t think i can get in.

[quote]kieran91 wrote:
my goal is to drop the bodyfat to get into the air force. im keeping positive even though my mum doesn’t think i can get in.
[/quote]

You can get into the airforce, you just need to focus your mind on what needs to be accomplished.

How many calories did you say you are getting a day?

i dont know but i think i need around 1500 calories

[quote]kieran91 wrote:
i dont know but i think i need around 1500 calories[/quote]

Then you should consistently eat 1500 every single day for a few weeks and see what happens. My guess is that it’s too extreme a cut and that you’ll lose significant muscle mass, but you’ll never know unless you try it. I also think that at 1500 calories, you probably won’t have need for any carbs at all.