T Nation

Need Some Help

Hi, I’m brand new to working out. I am a skinny guy trying to bulk up a little bit. I can’t stand being the weight that I am. It is very annoying. I wanted to bulk up my arms and chest the most so I can feel okay when I take my shirt off to go to the beach or the pool. I wanted to get a machine or a bench for the house to start working out. Can anyone please give me some advice. I really need it.

How tall are you, how much do you weigh, how old are you, what equipment do you have access to?

Start with a 300lb olympic barbell set and a bench, preferably an ajustable bench. Next item to purchase is a power rack then some dumbells.

Buy food, lots of it. Especially stuff like milk, eggs, nuts…
Also, read every article you can find on bulking. This is a good place to start: http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/roundtable_the_cure_for_skinny

Don’t worry I was like you (and still am), consistent training, eating and lots of sleep will get you there.

[quote]ACTrain wrote:
Start with a 300lb olympic barbell set and a bench, preferably an ajustable bench. Next item to purchase is a power rack then some dumbells.[/quote]

x2

Look on craigslist for used equipment if you can’t afford new.