Need Some Eyes, Have Progress Pics; Advice Needed...

[quote]joburnet wrote:
MtbKid wrote:
HangerBaby wrote:

and point taken on the muscle…
I’ll see about next week, maybe I’ll get on a 5x5 or something.
My old plan plateaued thats why I stopped.

If losing weight and you plateau, decrease calories slightly every week until you start to see results again, or add/increase cardio.

I disagree, plateauing means that your body has adapted to your decrease in calories by decreasing your metabolism. I prefer to boost metabolism by increasing calories to a maintenance level and then restart the diet. This is what works for me at least, I never diet for more then 2-3 weeks at a time.

The 5x5 plan has worked great for me but I would actually suggest you start the Westside for skinny bastards workout. It’s usually better to pick a plan that a professional laid out then to do it yourself.[/quote]

If you aren’t an athlete westside for skinny VIKING bastards is much better IMO.

Yes. (call me crazy, but I like to answer the OP’s questions when I post)

I’ve gained 13lbs. in the past month, but my waist is the same measurement. I’m 2.75" bigger around the shoulders and 1.75" bigger around the chest.

Keep a measurement log. It’ll tell you the real deal.

Also, don’t use any particular workout plan for more than six weeks. Change something. Don’t let your body get accustomed to your routine.

Read everything from Dan John and Charles Poloquin that you can get your hands on. I don’t think these guys are the end-all, but they get HUGE RESULTS, and that’s the bottom line.

It seems like you’ve asked the board and everyone chimed in with what THEY would do in your situation, from add more cardio to decrease calories to start bulking.

The only thing I can add is for you to actually make a change and measure your progress.

And you won’t automatically lose muscle if you drop down below 2300 kcal.

And you’re not doing any cardio or HIIT. These are often staples of fat-loss regimens.

And holy f**k you’ve got gyno.

[quote]Otep wrote:

And holy f**k you’ve got gyno.[/quote]

You do realize that with my amount of chest fat that it is more than likely it is pseudo-gyno? Professor X doesn’t think I have it, and I’ll take his word before yours

[quote]Otep wrote:

And holy f**k you’ve got gyno.[/quote]

I looked the same way before I put on more weight. It’ll go away when he builds up his chest more.

Yeah, don’t listen to the ‘you’ve got gyno’ BS. Some people get off putting others down.

I can tell you right now you dont have gyno. I have had man boobs before that were worse than your’s and now they appear smaller yet my chest measurements are bigger. Just work your chest and it will improve.

The man posts pictures of himself in order to get some helpful advice, and all you can do is try and break him down. You KNOW that was wrong, Otep. That is the exact reason that more of these guys don’t post pics (i don’t either).

Might I also add that you don’t have any pics up either.

Hmmmmmm…

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
Otep wrote:

You do realize that with my amount of chest fat that it is more than likely it is pseudo-gyno? Professor X doesn’t think I have it, and I’ll take his word before yours[/quote]

Good call. I would trust ProfX’s judgement over mine in this situation too.

[quote]JayPierce wrote:
The man posts pictures of himself in order to get some helpful advice, and all you can do is try and break him down. You KNOW that was wrong, Otep. That is the exact reason that more of these guys don’t post pics (i don’t either).

Might I also add that you don’t have any pics up either.

Hmmmmmm…
[/quote]

I can see where you’re coming from. It was not my intent to ‘break Hangerbaby down’, but I will admit it was poor form. I’m glad everyone else has been so nurturing and supportive.

About the pics… I don’t really wanna see more pics on this forum. Sometimes they’re helpful (like in this thread), but… I mean, do you really wanna see a pic of a skinny-fat 35 year-old man on every thread titled ‘Diet HELP!’?

About the lack of pics in my profile, you are correct. While I’ve got some semi-decent lifts, I haven’t accomplished anything physique-wise. Yet. I’m on the home stretch of a fairly long (and successful) cut. Wait 'till August, and they’ll be up.

And if they’re not, you can assume I’ve caught teh gyno.

[quote]HangerBaby wrote:
Otep wrote:

You do realize that with my amount of chest fat that it is more than likely it is pseudo-gyno? Professor X doesn’t think I have it, and I’ll take his word before yours[/quote]

It’s quite simple really. Gyno doesn’t feel like fat, fat is soft. But if you have gyno you should feel more firm tissue under your nipple area. If it feels like fat you have nothing to worry about.

Guys, if I wanted to do something like Jiu Jitsu one day, wouldn’t it be wise to cut weight?

I was thinking drop down to 185 and build back up muscle… Focus on the fat loss aspect first, and then I’ll be closer to getting leaner.

I am no expert, but that seems more difficult than doing it in the opposite order.

If you lose all the fat, you eat less and use cardio as a staple. Then to gain muscle, you have to eat a shit ton and lift heavy.

Why not lift heavy first and utilize the fat you have as energy, while continuing to eat a smart diet? Then, shed the shit you don’t need. Just my two. Maybe this doesn’t work, hopefully someone else can chime in.

HangerBaby, you’re making this more complicated than it has to be. In Jiu Jitsu, you still need strength, flexibility, and explosive power. Just like any other Martial Art or sport, including weightlifting.

The prescription is still the same: a very heavy dose of iron applied directly to the ceiling. Often.