T Nation

Need Some Energy! Spike?

hey im looking for something to give me some energy before i go workout because most of the time i just dont have a lot of energy when i get to the gym, i was looking into the Spike pills, can anyone give me some advice?

1 nutrition and sleep. Those should be top priority

after that Id say Spike Shooters IMO I still just use half a can making a case last 48 w/o's and it has me amped the hell up but not shaky. Toss in a Caff free Spike for an extra kick in the ass for the days you need it

Phill

As Phill said nutrition and sleep first, but if that's covered I'd say you can go two ways.

If you're one that regularly consumes caffeine and the likes, and say give Power Drive before workouts a run.

If you don't abuse stimulants often, try Spike and Spike Shooters, they'll give you the kick in the ass you're looking for.

Play in traffic. Adrenaline is second to none.

i dont drink coffee or anything with caffeine in it and i have my sleep and nutrition down.

So ive been reading about Spike and Spike Shooter and i think im more interested in the Spike pills rather than the Spike Shooters. Do both work the same? Also the pills say not to take with any other supplement does this mean i cant take creatine or anything else while on Spike? And can anyone give me some comments on how well it works then that would be great. Thanks

Let me help ya. I'm a big fan of the original Spike pills. Now, I don't believe you can take them while taking HRX, but I take them with my Alpha Male or REZ-V. I also drink my Surge + creatine about an hour after taking Spike.

Taken on an empty stomach, they pack a punch. If you get to feeling jittery, eat something, like an apple. Try and take them a half hour before you hit the gym, so when they hit you, you're lifting. That'll take care of any jitters.

Start with just one pill for a few work outs. If you don't feel a new increased focus or energy, jump up to two pills before your work out.

They're pretty different.

The Caffeine-Free pill is almost exclusively for the brain. It gives you a sharp mental focus, but doesn't do much physically. Although it may help training, in an indirect way.
The Shooter is almost entirely physical.
The regular Spike pill is in between, as it were, both mental and physical.

Don't take it with any other STIMULANT. Huge difference.

Spike is awesome.
But fix your diet and sleep first, then see if you really need stimulants.

I don't see how you guys are able to take spike without getting addicted to the product. I'm sure it works to give you that edge, leading to better results when your training, and that's what makes it risky in my opinion. I think it would lead to a dependency. It kills me though cause i really want to try the product.

Strong grapefruit juice gives me lots of energy. It`s like being punched in the throat.

I've been using Spike pills for two weeks now and discovered that one pill doesn't do too much for me other than make it harder for me to fall asleep at night. Which is a complete waste.

Two pills, HOWEVER make me feel like god mode is turned on. After working out for two hours, I'm soaked from head to toe in sweat and continue to be full of energy. It was really intense, I could push a lot harder. In addition, after working out I still have increased mental focus to study, read, etcetera.

It's a very good product and I really want to try the Shooters now.

Not all stimulants are addictive. Some are addictive, some aren't. Spike is not addictive. Those that are addictive create the dependency through various mechanisms - psychological, physiological, etc. If none of those mechanisms are activated, the substance is not addictive.

Here's some more reading material for you:

The Caffeine-Free pill is almost exclusively for the brain. It gives you a sharp mental focus, but doesn't do much physically. Although it may help training, in an indirect way.
The Shooter is almost entirely physical.
The regular Spike pill is in between, as it were, both mental and physical.

Good stuff! In regards to the caffeine free pill and mental focus, can you tell me how long this generally lasts in a day? Would be intrigued to know about duration of the others too please.

Thanks in advance.

Have used Spike pills before workout and they give me tons of energy-seem to sweat more also. No jitters either. have used other stimulants in the past and got shaky.

As far as the Spike Shooters go- haven't used before workout but took for a boost and Wow, didn't finish the can and i was supercharged.

good luck.

Why don't you just change up the time of your workout?

My lifting and mood are a lot better if I go before work rather than after.