Need Some Diet/Training Help

Hey,

Well I’ve been a long time reader of this forum and first off wanted to thank the posters and mods here. I consider myself fairly well educated when it comes to training and I appreciate a forum that is well moderated and contains intelligent posts.

Now to the post (FRAT Warning):

I have just recently changed my whole life. I took a job with a company and spend most of my days in front of a computer. Before I was working as a consultant and was able to keep training clients here and there (I’m a PT) and train myself. I was in good enough shape to take a few professional MMA fights and was modeling quite a bit. Unfortunately I really needed to make the grown up choice, buy a house, get a car etc…

With this change I have found my training volume go down drastically and although I did initially eat bad (first few months) I have since radically cleaned up my diet and although I could be eating cleaner it isn’t bad per say. I have started running stairs at lunch and getting back into the gym 3-4 times a week.

My problem is that I just can get rid of this extra fat I’m carrying around my waist. I’m wondering if I need to wait for my body to adjust to my new lifestyle or if I need to adjust my program?!? I’m stuck, for the last 6 months it seems no matter what I do I just can’t drop weight.

Right now I’m 6’1 and 197 (I fought welterweight).

I’d like to get down to 185 thoughts?!?

Thanks in advance.