Need Some Criticism to Push Me

[quote]Lift and Eat wrote:
First thing I noticed was that on your prog you don’t mention doing shoulders, so I was wondering if you do any overhead pressing?

Seeing as you do pull ups with added weight, I feel you should prob be doing some kind of overhead pressing somewhere to balance things up, unless there is a specific reason that I dont know about??

Bigger shoulders will also help your quest to look wider.

Although you have issues with your squat I think your legs look pretty solid, I’ve certainly seen alot worse posted here lately!

Like someone above said, I would check out why you are struggling with squats and the lower back issue, before it becomes something more serious like an injury.[/quote]

Yes sir I do military press. I think right now I can do 185lbs for six reps but I feel I should be doing more. I will do some following up on the issue with my squats so I can be like you guys and have so killer quads. That’s the last thing I want is a lower back injury as they are one of the most common.

[quote]Eddie_would_tow wrote:
Oh yes, and for crying out loud Rob, please lose the avatar…

makes me cringe everytime I look at it. [/quote]

Ha Ha, I thought it was resonably funny, kinda like a dark jedi reject.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
move deads to back day, these need HUGE improvement.

up the squat, try glute hams. reverse hypers if you have them available.

I squat a lot more then 245, but my legs are a lot smaller. What else do you do for them?[/quote]

I will try and push my squats so I can get them up there. The only thing else I can think of that may add to their thickness is maybe the running that I do or the blubber fat I have over the muscle. I’m not sure. Ha Ha

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Nice. Keep it up ya Jason Statham wannabe.[/quote]

Ha Ha I sure will as I wouldn’t want him dissappointed in me. Ha Ha

Hey man, you’ve definitely made progress. Doing great!

Personally, to get your squat up, I’d cut some of the cardio and work on the squats twice a week. Because dude, as you already know, your squat is outrageously unproportional to your other lifts. You shouldn’t be able to bench more than you squat.

Your overall thickness has improved since your last pics.

And…

your poses look much, MUCH better!

And IMHO, I think Jason would be proud of you. Anonym don’t know shit![/quote]

Your telling me and I’m really trying to get my squats up there. Yes I definatly should be squatting more than I bench. I really tried to take in account critiques you guys have made last time. One of them was learn to pose. I tried some poses that I saw that didn’t look good for my physique probably due to the love handles I’ve accumulated. Is there a link on this site that shows proper posing. If there is I’d like to see it. I hope Jason Statham would be proud considering I ripped off his Italian Job name. Ha Ha

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
you need to work on your traps, back and delts the most.[/quote]

See that’s what I think and that’s what I’ve been told so I’ll really be trying to focus on that.

first thing you need to do to bring up delts is…START WORKING THEM. oberhead pressing and uprgiht rowing will bring up your traps as well.

id also suggest seperating your squat and deadlift days. i just dont see how you can get the most out of both doing them on the same day. shit, i cant even bench and deadlift on the same day.

i remember you said you like to train low reps, why dont you start using a 6-8 rep/3-4 set scheme.

maybe start using compounds that are more isolation. rack pulls instead of deadlifts and leg press instead of squatting.

id also suggest seperating your squat and deadlift days. i just dont see how you can get the most out of both doing them on the same day. shit, i cant even bench and deadlift on the same day.

i remember you said you like to train low reps, why dont you start using a 6-8 rep/3-4 set scheme.

maybe start using compounds that are more isolation. rack pulls instead of deadlifts and leg press instead of squatting.[/quote]

What I would do:

squat with low-moderate reps, and use leg press,curls, extentions, glute hams, rdls, etc in a moderate-high rep range.

I agree with live, don’t sq/dl on the same day.

I see you took my advice on the avatar there, Rob.

Done good bro! However, the damage is still already done…I will never watch Star Wars the same again.

LiveFromThe781 wrote:

maybe start using compounds that are more isolation. rack pulls instead of deadlifts and leg press instead of squatting.

What I would do:

squat with low-moderate reps, and use leg press,curls, extentions, glute hams, rdls, etc in a moderate-high rep range.

I agree with live, don’t sq/dl on the same day.[/quote]

i just dont think its really feasible to get good leg size without getting into the high rep ranges.

although if youre doing heavy work on a few sets then moving up to high reps then i can see that working. i think youll need at least 3 sets of high reps on something like leg-press or H.S. then 3 more high reps to failure on something like leg exts.

i think you were advocating kind of a mix anyway but just wasnt sure.

everyones different though, so for me when it comes to hams i really only do 3-4 sets in the 6-8 range. sometimes i switch it up to 12 or so. ill do leg curls if im not satisfied or if im just physically able to but as i explained in another thread i can usually only handle 3 exercises per session due to intensity/time.

Second moving the DL to Back day. Don’t know about other people, but there’s no way I can do heavy deads and heavy squats on same day.

u look good from the front, but ur back is lagging behind the rest of ur body.
i know u say u do a lot of pullups, but these r not enough. u need to do a lot of all kinds of rows, shrugs and deadlifts.

[quote]steel_12 wrote:
i know u say u do a lot of pullups, but these r not enough. u need to do a lot of all kinds of rows, shrugs and deadlifts.[/quote]

u like 2 txt mssage dont u?

yea, sorry about the msn lingo

[quote]steel_12 wrote:
i know u say u do a lot of pullups, but these r not enough. u need to do a lot of all kinds of rows, shrugs and deadlifts.[/quote]

I see you took my advice on the avatar there, Rob.

Done good bro! However, the damage is still already done…I will never watch Star Wars the same again. [/quote]

Ha Ha

zephead4747 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:

What I would do:

I agree with live, don’t sq/dl on the same day.

i just dont think its really feasible to get good leg size without getting into the high rep ranges.

although if youre doing heavy work on a few sets then moving up to high reps then i can see that working. i think youll need at least 3 sets of high reps on something like leg-press or H.S. then 3 more high reps to failure on something like leg exts.

i think you were advocating kind of a mix anyway but just wasnt sure.

everyones different though, so for me when it comes to hams i really only do 1 set of RDLs going heavy with 3 sets in the 6-8 range. sometimes i switch it up to 12 or so. ill do leg curls if im not satisfied or if im just physically able to but as i explained in another thread i can usually only handle 3 exercises per session due to intensity/time.[/quote]

I hear that and I’m going to try it that way for a while and see how that works. It sounds pretty solid as I agree deadlift and squats are hart to do in the same day. Thanks for the advice. I’ll also work more on the delts 781.

[quote]steel_12 wrote:

I will incorporate more shrugs and rows and dead lifts.

I agree with live, don’t sq/dl on the same day.[/quote]

So then if rippetoe tells me to squat and dl in the same day, is that good or bad?

well, how much weight are you squatting and DLing? how much are you really putting yourself through when you do it?

if youre doing a sufficient amount of load with a sufficient amount of intensity you arent going to make good gains.

as i recall rippletoe is begginer stuff anyway so id think you could get away with it then but when traiing for size you need to push yourself, and do it hard. you really just cant do it week after week that way. ive done it, it sucks, its too much.