Need Some Advice

I’ve been lurking here for awhile and have learned a lot. I’m currently on my 7th week of CW’s TBT program. I’m also doing a few days of cardio along with TBT. My diet is real clean and I’m getting in about 2000-2200 calories a day. I’m currently weighing about 215lbs at 13% bodyfat (this may be lower now. haven’t tested in 8 weeks). My goal is to continue adding muscle, but I also want to get under 200lbs and be about 9-10% bf by summer.

I have decided to try Low Carb Grow!, but would like to know what else I should consider taking considering my goals. I’m already taking a real good multivitamin, calcium citrate, b12/b6/folic acid subling tab, and vitamin C daily.

to me, that doesn’t seem like a lot of total calories for your weight. if you are trying to build muscle as cleanly as posible, I would undereat during the day (p+f meals) and have a feast after training(p+c). on off days from training, have a pwo shake after cardio, oatmeal or some other complex carbs for breakfast, and the rest protein fat meals. good luck.

You need to make up your mind first. Do you want to gain muscle? Or lose fat? If you are trying to gain muscle, you need to eat well more than 2000 calories a day. As far as dropping below 200 lbs. and getting to around 10% BF: If you are 215 and around 13%, getting to 10% won’t require you to drop below 200 lbs. unless you want to lose muscle along w/ fat. Drop 10 lbs., and you’ll be 205 w/ 10%.

[quote]LarryJr wrote:
I’ve been lurking here for awhile and have learned a lot. I’m currently on my 7th week of CW’s TBT program. I’m also doing a few days of cardio along with TBT. My diet is real clean and I’m getting in about 2000-2200 calories a day. I’m currently weighing about 215lbs at 13% bodyfat (this may be lower now. haven’t tested in 8 weeks). My goal is to continue adding muscle, but I also want to get under 200lbs and be about 9-10% bf by summer.

I have decided to try low carb grow, but would like to know what else I should consider taking considering my goals. I’m already taking a real good multivitamin, calcium citrate, b12/b6/folic acid subling tab, and vitamin C daily.[/quote]

Your goals right now have you losing lean body mass as well as fat. If you are 215lbs at 13% bf, then you have about 187lbs LBM and 28 lbs fat. To drop down to 200lbs at 9% bf, you have about 182lbs LBM and 18 lbs of fat. It is not a good situation for you considering you stated you wanted to gain muscle. I’d be more focused on just dropping the bf% if that is what you are worried about and not so much about your overall weight. Do you really want to sacrafice the muscle you worked hard to obtain?

Also, it is fairly difficult to drop bf and gain muscle at the same time. You are probably better off singling one out at a time. If you do decide to drop body fat (13% isnt that bad at all either), than i’d concentrate on maintaining your LBM. If you decide to try and gain muscle mass, you are going to have to up your caloric intake. Keep it clean and you shouldn’t have to worry about gaining much bf.

Regardless of what you decide make sure to keep your diet clean and keep up the hard work. Low-Carb Grow! is great, i’d also recommend Surge as a PWO shake. The best of luck to you.

Thanks everyone. I think I will stick with my goal of losing the rest of my fat then. Although, I’ve been at 215lbs for about 8-10 weeks. I’ve been doing CW’s TBT along with the treadmill and spinning classes. 8 weeks ago I had my bf tested with calipers at my gym…I was 13%. I haven’t lost any weight, but I know I’ve lost fat. The cool thing is that I have put on some muscle in the last 8 weeks too. Not only can I see the gains, I’m gaining strengh too. I realize that this won’t go on for long without adding in more calories.

Do you think HOT-ROX would be good for me to try considering my goals?