Need Some Advice Please

Hey all. This is going to seem kind of silly to all of you, but I was wondering if you could help me out. My boyfriend is always talking about how he needs a new weight bench. However, he always has to put off buying one because of bills and things. Now, I would love to buy him one for Christmas, but I have no idea about this stuff. I don’t know which ones are good or bad, or anything! I’m looking to spend maybe 150 to 300 dollars. Could you all do me a little favor and give me some advice or point me in a direction or two. I would appreciate it. =)

This is the bench I have and love.

www.egymequipment.com/powbenracsys.html

It IS a little $$pricey$$ but combined with a good set of wieghts I couldn’t be more pleased with the quality and functionality of this multi-function free weight bench/squat rack.

If you shop around you might be able to find this one a lower price. I picked mine up from megafitness.com. Though I did get my equipment, the customer service experience was near terrible.

Another good starting point would be to check out

They have a wide assortment of user reviews for a all types of home gym equipment. Hope this helps!
G

I don’t know where you live, but I saw a sweet bench at Sport Chalet over the weekend. It was on sale for $139 and it was made by Gold’s Gym. They had some other good benches as well, all on sale.

What you may want to do is take him shopping with you sometime. Stop into a sporting goods store to pick something up (figure something out). Invariably he will go over to the benches to check them out. Head over there with him and he will probably tell you what bench he wants. "Man, if only I could afford this!" etc., etc. Even if you flat out ask him what bench he wants, and he knows you are getting it for him, it won't ruin his XMas, trust me :).

Since most guys are very selective in the equipment they use when working out, I would highly recommend flat out asking your bf what bench he wants. The bench won’t be the surprise traditional xmas present, but he will have the one he wants and will be more than thankful for it:) This is especially true because there are so many kinds and styles of adjustable benches and each lifter has a style that they prefer over others.