Need Roommate Advice

chillain wrote:

OctoberGirl wrote:

The two above plus Kalle probably contain the best advice so far.

In addition to all that, to reduce temptation, if there is anything you like to eat that he doesn’t like, consider buying or preparing more of that. For example, if you like or can at least tolerate tomato sauce and he hates tomato sauce, consider drowning all your stuff in tomato sauce. Does he hate mushrooms and you don’t? Maybe mix mushrooms into as many of your dishes as you can stand. Same thing with garlic. Almost makes me laugh, thinking back to when I lived in a rooming house and I had a floormate who complained about my food.

I had this exact problem with my roommates last year. After it happened the third time after already once asking them not to I confronted one of them in front of all his friends and told him if he ever touched my food I’d gag him with a pillow in his sleep. That, and the mini fridge I got a couple weeks later really solved my problem ha.

I’ve had a couple of roommates from hell, but even they knew that if they don’t buy food, they don’t eat.

It’s one of those basic concepts of Adulthood.

If you want to turn the tables on him tell him very matter of fact, in a way that can’t be misconstrued, that if he straightens up and starts buying his own, you will let him have some too.

well guys, I talked to him about it, and he actually agreed right away that we should buy our own food. Couldn’t have worked out better! Course…he could be just saying that…I want know for the next few weeks. Well, w/e, thanks for the help!

[quote]scottiscool wrote:
I had this exact problem with my roommates last year. After it happened the third time after already once asking them not to I confronted one of them in front of all his friends and told him if he ever touched my food I’d gag him with a pillow in his sleep. That, and the mini fridge I got a couple weeks later really solved my problem ha. [/quote]

nice…

I’LL FUCKING GAG YOU IN YOUR SLEEP MOTHER FUCKER!!!

i can see it now…

…boyfriends or girlfriends are the worst they always come around thinking they have special privleges…
If you don’t react now it’s gonna be too late.

[quote]Horazio wrote:
…boyfriends or girlfriends are the worst they always come around thinking they have special privleges…
If you don’t react now it’s gonna be too late.[/quote]

True dat. You have to assert yourself right away or they will just walk all over you. Granted your roommate will think you are being a total prick but it’s that or feed the guy and his gf until the lease is up.