Need response on this biceps routine

Hi there. Im a 20y old male who wants bigger biceps (dont we all?) Im 170ibs, and 43cm biceps! I work my arms every 5-6 day. My new routine bicepsroutine is:

1. Standing barbell curls 2set x 8-10 reps
  2. seated dumbble curls 2set x 6-8 reps
  3. Barbell curls rewerse grip 2set x 6-10 reps

all sets are to failure and in about 2 or 3 sets I use 1 forced rep

Thanks for any response // Sturla

This routine may work for awhile but I suggest you vary your program every 2-4 weeks, depending on your adapatation to it. A lot of people make considerable gains with biceps by using low reps with lots of weight. Play with the TUT also. If possible try Extreme Arm Training by Charles Poliquin. It’s in his book Poliquin Principles and also in the paper mag issue #2.

Try Poliquins workout in his book. I put on 1/4 of an inch in just three weeks. That was after my arms were staled for at 16" for about a year. In three short, but painful weeks they were 16 1/4. It was the workout that had the triset of reverse grip curls, hammer curls and closegrip curls. Give it a try.

You may laugh, but I added a solid 1/4 to my cold upper arm measurement by following Poliqin’s “One day arm cure”. You need a whole day for this workout. If you eat and sleep right you should notice growth in 2-5 days. And no,the growth wasn’t do to creatine. If you try it, post your results.

King’s “Great Guns” program is awesome! Give it a shot!

It’s not bad, but the movements are all reltively similar. According to Poliquin’s book. The Movements you have described all work the middle range of the bicep effectively, but not the lower and upper ranges. What I mean by that is that only the middle range is receiveing optimal overload, do to the biomechanics of the movement. Try the same set rep scheme, but with these three movements: standing reverse curls, incline hammer curls, seated scott curls. That way, your bi’s will be maximally overloaded in every portion of the total ROM.

Squat for big arms.