T Nation

Need Recommendations to Get Started

I am seeking advice from this wise forum as to where to start with HRT.

My Nhs Dr says he will not prescribe TRT to me as I can get erections.

I am bipolar 1, so I am on cipralex, Lamotrogine and risperidrone prescribed by a Harley street psychiatrist. My mood varies from high elation to suicide as a result of the bipolar.

I never have done steroids.

In my 20s I was super naturally strong and fit.

I am now 47 and injuries and recovery takes forever. I have low or nothing sex drive, which is probably from the cipralex and other psychiatric medications.

I have lower abdominal fat which only disappears through extreme, unsustainable dieting. I am 169cm, 77kg 4kg overweight.

I am stil strong and can squat 150kg for six and climb 2000meter elevated mountains on the road bike, which is probanly another reason why the Dr will not prescribe TRT.

I would like to inject TRT as it is safer compared to pills. I have a modest budget to go to a private Dr and or clinic.

Thus, I ask this board of wise men.

1. Where do I go to get blood test? I live in Golders Green North West London. Local and near is best.?
  2. Can anyone recommend a good online service which does result interpretation and analysis?
  3. Where do I and how do I interprete the blood test results?
  4. Can anyone recommend a Dr Clinic.
  5. How much will the consultations, blood work analysis and each individual injection cost ?

Many many thanks.

You need lab testing, the ability to get erections is not how we diagnose a testosterone deficiency. I can get erections when testosterone is low, but are less strong and doesn’t mean anything about T status.

Stay away from the NHS whatever you do, state controlled healthcare isn’t in the business of optimizing health, they are interested in treating life threatening diseases.

There is always Balance My Hormones in Dorset, there are other clinics out there in the UK.

You need Total T, Free T and SHBG tested at a minimum.

• Lab testing needed

Total T
Free T
SHBG
Estradiol Sensitive (E2)
LH-Luteinizing Hormone
FSH-Follicle stimulating hormone
Prolactin
Cortisol
Ferritin
Thyroid Panel
CBC-complete blood count
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid profile/panel

1 Like

Thanks ever so much. Will look up the Dorset clinic

You’re welcome,

Forgot to mention these prescription SSRIs cause problems with pituitary function and can lower testosterone, something I know firsthand and is part of the reason why I’m on TRT. I’ve known men who were bipolar and TRT help eliminate or gave them the ability to manage the symptoms of depression/bipolar without drugs.

There are countless stories of men able to come completely off these drugs months after starting TRT. These drugs are not safe in the long haul, TRT is safe and healthy because it is a hormone your body evolved to handle.

You should also tst thyroid hormones, doctors are find a connection to hypothyroidism/hyperthyroidism and depression/bipolar symptoms.