Need Real Advice

I don?t know what to do my ultimate goal is to be like 175-180 muscle and if I got any bigger I wouldn?t complain but that?s what I would want to be. Right now I am 170 I measured my waist and it read like 37inches,(now I don?t know if I did it right) I wear size 33 in jeans but when I don?t suck in and just relax, my belly folds out and I can feel the weight come off my lower back, so I do think I just naturally suck it in due to holding my belly in for so long when I was 190 plus in high school. So Im looking for answers.
Bottom line should I eat clean low cal and do cardio and weight train to cut, or should I start eating high cal clean and weight train.

What I hope to gain from posting this is some advice on what I should do eat to get bigger by eating clean then cut or just cut down and rebuild using clean foods and also: nutrition, training, supplements for the two.

Stats: 68 in,
170-173lbs
Bodyfat unknown 16-18 %

Let me know if more info is needed.

Remarks: I have chicken legs a big chest small shoulders.
Pics coming soon

Wow, I really don’t know how to even respond to this, that was so difficult to read. But, I will bump it for someone else who might be able to read whatever language your speaking in.

How tall are you and what is your training history?

Please don’t post pics.

My bad, you state you are 68 inches tall.

No pics huh…
Well Im always in the gym, run 3 times a week, 3 miles or more everytime. I know running is not good if you want to build up, but i had to due to being in the Marine Corps, but now i have more control over my training that i want to do, I was on the ABS diet the one from mens health but like i said i lost wieght but still had the love handles. So pretty much was a smaller version of myself, with some ab definition.
Question is Do I bulk up or cut down then bulk up.

I would first advise you to read through the “Beginners” section of this site and read through some of the articles linked in the 2 stickies at the top of the page. There is a lot of information in those articles to help eliminate a lot of the confusion that you’re having. Good luck.

[quote]CaroJ wrote:
No pics huh…
Well I’m always in the gym, run 3 times a week, 3 miles or more everytime. I know running is not good if you want to build up, but i had to due to being in the Marine Corps, but now i have more control over my training that i want to do, I was on the ABS diet the one from mens health but like i said i lost weight but still had the love handles. So pretty much was a smaller version of myself, with some ab definition.
Question is Do I bulk up or cut down then bulk up.[/quote]

You say you’re “always in the gym” but have chicken legs and you have a 37 inch waste. Do you workout when you’re “always in the gym”? Read some Berardi articles and get your diet in order and pick any one of the great training programs on this site and follow it.

[quote]bgl500 wrote:
I would first advise you to read through the “Beginners” section of this site and read through some of the articles linked in the 2 stickies at the top of the page. There is a lot of information in those articles to help eliminate a lot of the confusion that you’re having. Good luck.[/quote]

This my advice too, you’re really going to have to get used to doing a lot of reading. You can ask a lot of questions on the board but unless you read the beginners thread you’re not going to fully appreciate the basics.

To measure your waist, you don’t just let your stomach hang without any control. If you are wearing a size 33 pants, your waist probably is not a legit 37".

You should hold your stomach in under the same control that is natural to you without inhaling and actually sucking it in. You should then measure around the the level of the belly button.

I have seen more than a few people here act as if they just let their stomach hang out as much as possible and then measure. First, that is a variable based on food intake and whether you took a shit that day. To avoid that, take the measurement at the same time of day, preferably in the morning on an empty stomach.

Thanks for all the help