Need Rapid Weight Loss Help ASAP!

Ok, so I posted about a month ago about helping my best friend get ready for Marine Corps boot camp. . . she is over the weight limit for her height and due to circumstances out of our control she has not been able to stick to our original diet or workout plan.

Starting on Friday, she needs to loose 15 lbs in 19 days or she will not be able to leave on time. I fully realize that this is nuts but as a previous wrestler, I know it is something that can be done-- it just won’t necessarily be good for her. And obviously most if not all of that weight will be water.

Does anyone have any specific suggestions for how we should accomplish this? She does need to continue to train as well since we have to work on her pull up hang time and her running.

Any advice at all would be so appreciated!

[quote]FinnishGuy wrote:
Ok, so I posted about a month ago about helping my best friend get ready for Marine Corps boot camp. . . she is over the weight limit for her height and due to circumstances out of our control she has not been able to stick to our original diet or workout plan.

Starting on Friday, she needs to loose 15 lbs in 19 days or she will not be able to leave on time. I fully realize that this is nuts but as a previous wrestler, I know it is something that can be done-- it just won’t necessarily be good for her. And obviously most if not all of that weight will be water.

Does anyone have any specific suggestions for how we should accomplish this? She does need to continue to train as well since we have to work on her pull up hang time and her running.

Any advice at all would be so appreciated![/quote]

What exactly does “circumstances out of our control” mean?

The meaning behind the question is really this… what makes you think that anything anyone would suggest (which I promise would go well beyond what you’ve already attempted) would change her situation? If she couldn’t diet before, why can she suddenly diet now?

Losing 15 pounds in less than 3 weeks is doable, but not very healthy if most is water weight. Even if it was, I wish her the best of luck.

She has been doing great. . . but unfortuneately we just lost 40 days of get ready time. They are shipping her out 30 days sooner than we were originally told and her grandmother just died so she had to leave town to be with family for the week.

She should contact her recruiter and notify them of the situation. It’s nice she is making a commitment to serve the country but wtf with this 1/2 ass approach. If she couldn’t get her shit together for 1 and 1/2 months she is gonna have trouble in the military.

[quote]FinnishGuy wrote:

Any advice at all would be so appreciated![/quote]

Well, I did this and it worked to cut 4% of my bodyfat in 7 days (about 8 lbs), so she can try it but I’m not promising anything…

DIET

Cut all carbs except those found in leafy green veggies.
No yellow, orange or red veggies
Have steamed or raw green beans, spinach, celery around at all times to snack on. Eat plenty to keep the digestion going.
AS MUCH CAFFEINE AS YOU CAN TOLERATE

The fish oil is important or in about 4 days your brains gets starved of carbs and you get dumb as a rock and fuzzy headed.

6 egg whites + 1500mg Fish Oil + multivitamin for breakfast
5-6 oz chicken or turkey at mid morning
5-6 oz chicken or turkey at lunch
5-6 oz chicken or turkey at mid afternoon
5-6 oz chicken or turkey at dinner
3 egg whites + Casien suppliment before bed
TONS OF WATER (1 gallon a day or more)

WORKOUTS

M/W/F
Heavy weights, lift as much as you can, as fast as you can
No rest between, go directly to your next exercise
Split chest/back, arms/abs, Legs
If you aren’t dripping sweat by halfway you arent going heavy or fast enough.
You should be whipped enough at the end to need an hour long nap immediately

T/F
Elliptical machine, 60-120 minutes at peak speed

S&S
Sleep as much as possible

OTHER

Stay HOT - wear sweats, double up if you have to. If you aren’t sweating put more on. KEEP UP THE WATER TO PREVENT DEHYDRATION.

Pharmaceutical Help

Clenbuterol if you can get it - as much as you can tolerate
Benadryl at night to clean the cell receptors so the clen stays effective - it also helps you sleep with all the caffeine and clen.

LAST DITCH

If she gets one or two days out and still has 1-4 lbs to lose, go the the drugstore and get water pills that women use to relieve bloating during their period. Cut the water consumption back and watch for dry mouth/eyes. Dry mouth/eyes means you went too far and she should rehydrate - 8 ounces every 30 minutes until the dryness goes away.

This is a scary route to go. You have to be careful and monitor every step. Watch blood pressure and heart rate. Some elevated BP and HR are normal but if she says her heart is racing, stop and think about delaying her departure.

I really don’t advise this routine for beginners. It will push you to the absolute edge. You use it at your own risk and I will not be held responsible if you screw it up.

Good luck.

Ok, Im sorry, maybe I misworded what I was trying to say.

Little more info, she had been thinking about this decision for a long time and finally just decided about a month ago.

We have been doing really quite good, she has been making great progress and loosing weight. It’s just that now we lost a bunch of time. That’s it. There is absolutely no reason to turn this into a bash session on my best friend. So if you read this post and don’t have anything positive to say let it be. I don’t need any negativity surrounding what we are trying to do.

Thanks so much.

Why did half the posts in this thread just disappear - including mine?

– ten seconds later—

and now re-appear?

good question. . . I saw that too. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice Mighty. . . clen prob won’t work for us since she has to pass a drug test plus I would have no clue where to get it anyway.

Appreciate all the good thoughts tho. Thanks for your time!

Hey FinnishGuy, did we discuss this before? Is this the same person? I hate to be the bringer of bad news (or maybe its good), but even if she is overweight, she will still leave on time. She might not start training right away, she will end up in PCP (Physical Conditioning Platoon, Pork Chop Platoon, etc) and do nothing but PT all day until she meets the draconian USMC height/weight standards. At least, this is what happened back in my time 3 years ago, a lot has changed since then.

Does she only have to weigh in or perform on the day at this weight? If she only has to weigh in, do a wrestlers cut. Read shredded in 6 days too.

Ya njrusmc, this is the same girl. She really has been doing good. Diet has been hard over the last week or so as she has been on the road (not an excuse, just is what it is) traveling and staying with family to attend her grandmother’s funeral. I guess at this point, we will do the very best we can and what the Marines do with that outcome is up to them.

Out of curiosity, any words of advice on ways I can be a good support system for her while she is in? Letters? Etc?

Thanks again.

It occurs to me that losing weight irrespective of muscle mass is probably pretty simple: starve yourself and go running, with a focus on starving yourself.

So do the v-diet and throw in some HIIT. I mean, you’ve only got a couple weeks. She can probably tough it out.

It occurs to me that the above paragraph is remarkably close to what MightyMaus posted. Strange.

Write her a letter every single day if you can afford the postage. It is the single, solitary good thing about being in bootcamp. Its like Christmas as a 5 year old when you get mail. Even if the letter is very short and contains nothing of substance, it is worth doing.

[quote]njrusmc wrote:
Write her a letter every single day if you can afford the postage. It is the single, solitary good thing about being in bootcamp. Its like Christmas as a 5 year old when you get mail. Even if the letter is very short and contains nothing of substance, it is worth doing. [/quote]

She gotta get in first!

Morning before the weigh in. Tie trash bags around her arms/legs/torso and have her run til she starts throwing up. Thats what my dad did back in the day to make his weight.