So I was walking down the road a week ago and a sign said “come in for a free evaluation.” Didn’t know what they did, but I walked in and they were a testosterone clinic. They offered to send in my blood work to LabCorp for free test, and would let me know about my results. My results are below, keep in mind I’m 28, almost 29.
- Albumin, 5.0 g/dL
- SHBG, 36.1 nmol/L
- Estradiol, <5.0 pg/mL (undetected)
- Testosterone, 449 ng/dL
- Free test (provided by them, not in the test results), 8.8 ng/dL
- Free test (provided by this calculator), 8.16 ng/dL (1.86%)
The clinic said that this would qualify me for receiving TRT. I’m hessitant on this for a few reasons.
- Am I within the normal ranges? From what I can see online, I mostly am though I am on the low range for my age (also estrogen is low). I’m wondering if they said I’m available for treatment because they want more money, they are a national testosterone place though.
- While I do have some of the symptoms of low T, I’m unsure if it’s actually the issue. I did used to lift weights 3-5 times/week, but don’t currently, however I do cycle for 2 hours 3-4 times/week. When I would lift, I would stall out pretty regularly. In fact, I couldn’t break beyond the 150 lbs bench. This is after training for a while I hit that plateau, then after I stopped for a year, I got back to that point and hit the same. I also have a lot of abdominal fat that I could never seem to get rid of now matter how clean I ate.