Need New Training Shoes

I first got Nike Free’s Trainers and when I wore those out I got the NB minimus MT20v2 about last semester. I really enjoyed the thin sole for walking around in general and being able to better feel the floor/platform when squatting or leg pressing. Bad thing is that they started falling apart halfway through the semester and will need to replace them soon. I wouldn’t want to go back to a thicker sole or go for vibram 5 fingers either.

Any suggestions?

Get another pair of Minimums???

[quote]gregron wrote:
Get another pair of Minimums???[/quote]
I guess so, any version you tried?

Merrell makes some nice ones.

There’s also vivo barefoot.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/uk/mens.html?collectionnew=507

Thanks, ill check them out.

have you tried doc martens?

Post a picture of you holding one of your new shoes shirtless with a caption asking what your BF is.

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:
I first got Nike Free’s Trainers and when I wore those out I got the NB minimus MT20v2 about last semester. I really enjoyed the thin sole for walking around in general and being able to better feel the floor/platform when squatting or leg pressing. Bad thing is that they started falling apart halfway through the semester and will need to replace them soon. I wouldn’t want to go back to a thicker sole or go for vibram 5 fingers either.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

I’m wearing a pair of Minimus MT20something right now. I’m very happy with them. I only have two minor complaints. They do seem to be wearing out a little too fast and they are a bit slippery, even on concrete.

I got a pair of Merrell’s for Christmas and I’m disappointed. While they have the Vibram sole they also have a bit of arch support and my plantar fascia hates arch support. I’d say if you’ve been happy with the Minimus, stick with them.

I’d like to add, I have a pair of Merrell casual dress “barefoot” shoes and they are fantastic, so not all Merrell Barefoot are bad.

we’re talking about going to the gym arent we? did i stumble into a parkour forum?

-i posted my first picture on T-Nation

I have a couple friends with the NB minimus shoes and they have started falling apart within months as well, so I wouldn’t buy them myself. I had a cheap pair of adidas wrestling shoes that were really durable and only $30. They had almost zero sole and gripped the floor really well, plus looked good. Another option is to get those super cheap $25 or less shoes from kohls or payless or wherever, they put a thin sole and no arch in most inexpensive shoes so they’ll suit your purpose as well.

These are my jams.

Nike Free Run 3’s in Volt Green.

I like the MTXX as well, although they don’t last long. Just get a couple of pairs when they are on sale for $30.

Inov-8 210 (or some # like that)

Merrell Trail Glove

NB Minimus

are my recs, have/love them all

[quote]on edge wrote:

[quote]JoabSonOfZeruiah wrote:

Any suggestions?[/quote]

I’m wearing a pair of Minimus MT20something right now. I’m very happy with them. I only have two minor complaints. They do seem to be wearing out a little too fast and they are a bit slippery, even on concrete.

I got a pair of Merrell’s for Christmas and I’m disappointed. While they have the Vibram sole they also have a bit of arch support and my plantar fascia hates arch support. I’d say if you’ve been happy with the Minimus, stick with them.

I’d like to add, I have a pair of Merrell casual dress “barefoot” shoes and they are fantastic, so not all Merrell Barefoot are bad.[/quote]
Pretty interesting, I check out the shoe store yesterday and they have the same version but now with a leather upper which should last longer.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Post a picture of you holding one of your new shoes shirtless with a caption asking what your BF is.[/quote]
Ill think about it when I cut enough, sorta let Thanksgiving/Christmas bulk in the way.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Inov-8 210 (or some # like that)

Merrell Trail Glove

NB Minimus

are my recs, have/love them all[/quote]
These? Anyways, thanks for the suggestions.