Need New Opposing Split. Low Volume, Higher Intensity

Hey Everyone,

I’m looking to switch from a PPL split to an Antagonistic split. Ideally I want it to be 5 days on 2 days off. I’m looking for something that would hit these muscles groups on this order. I don’t want the volume on each muscle group to be too high and would rather focus more on intensity.

1. Chest & Biceps
  2. Legs (Push)
  3. Back & Triceps
  4. Legs (Pull)
  5. Shoulders & Traps

Does anyone do a split like this or know of one similar?

It looks similar to Dorian Yates blood and guts split he put out a few years ago. He only had 1 leg day though with quad and hamstring focus on same day. It was split into 2 different parts of the workout though the way it was performed. I suppose it could have been split the way you have it. If you want high intensity low volume check out that program, it’s on YouTube for free with all the videos and information to run it.

Edit: Chris Gethin ran a split like this at some point. I can’t recall the axact name of it or anything just remember him saying he split leg day up into quad and ham flute focused days. Point was to be able to go 100% on both muscle groups.

1 Like

Thanks man!

1 Like

Look up Kingbeef thread

I’m confused, why not just do the split you’ve outlined?

I should’ve been more clear , I was stuck on exercise selection and I wanted to see what other people were doing for the exercises. I think I was able to build something up that will work

That makes more sense. Any particular favourite exercises that always get you results?

Antagonistic Pilot Program

1. Back & Triceps
  2. Legs (Push)
  3. Chest & Biceps
  4. Legs (Pull)
  5. Shoulders & Traps

Day 1

Weighted Chin Up 5,6,8
Close Grip Bench Press 3x5
Supinated Barbell Row 3x5
Skull Crushers 3x10

Day 2

Squat 4x5
Calf Raises 3x15
Leg Raise/Back Extension Super Set 3x12

Day 3

Incline Bench Press 3x5
Barbell Curl 3x8
Flat Dumbbell Press 3x5
Hammer Curl 3x12

Day 4
Sumo Deadlift 3x5 or 5x3
Calf Raise 3x15
Leg Raise/Back Extension Super Set 3x12

Day 5

Overhead Barbell Press 3x5
Barbell Shrug 3x8
Lateral Raise 3X10
Reverse DB Fly 3x10

This is where I’m at so far. I switched back and triceps with chest and biceps because I didn’t wanna hit back, then do deadlifts the next day. I’m also debating adding on Quad extensions to day 2 and Glute curls to Day 4