Need New Approach to Training

I have cystic fibrosis but it’s stable enough at the moment. I’ve been training on and off usually due to illness or stupid injuries, for about two years now. I have always neglected conditioning because it’s fucking hard for me and it feels like I’ll never get to the fitness level of even a sedentary person. But with weight training I can look more athletic and be stronger than a lot of people who don’t train. So it felt good and I’m happy with how I look (although I wouldn’t sniff at 20 extra lean pounds).

I’ve come to realise that I need to increase my conditioning for health reasons and also so I can play sports and beat people again! And also just increase my work capacity.

Thing is I know a lot of theory about hypertrophy etc. But I know very little about getting fit. So if anyone has any experience with CF and training or just know their shit, could you point me in the right direction? One of the things that always held me back from cardio was that I’d be coughing all the time. Which was normal for me but it freaked other people out. I’m actually a lot better these days and so I’m ready to get fit, I’d just like to know a good way of going about it whilst keeping up with weights. Thanks for reading.

400m runs, prowler, suicides/manmakers, tabata stuff, hill sprints, barbell complexes.

[quote]MattyG35 wrote:
400m runs, prowler, suicides/manmakers, tabata stuff, hill sprints, barbell complexes.[/quote]

Cheers