Dave_ wrote:
If you can get hold of the ingredients…

6% BCAA
6% L Glutamine
20% Maltodextrin
35% Dextrose
3% Creatine Monohydrate
30% Hydrolysed Whey Protein

Is pretty much the same thing at the same price - but is absolutely disgusting! Biotest have somehow managed to mask that yucky hydrolysed whey.

NB - Surge is obviously whey better (get it?) but as I can’t get hold of the stuff, this is how I get around it :slight_smile:

Dont forget the L-Phenylalanine and the sucralose. Surge also doesnt have creatine monohydrate. [/quote]

L-Phenylalanine is of minor importance, and sucralose obviously has nothing to do with the effectiveness of Surge.

I am aware that Surge does not have creatine in it - this is a modification of my own which I have found to be very beneficial - as you are supposed to ingest creatine during your post-workout “insulin spiking” anyway.

Does anyone know where to get just plan maltodextrin and dextrose? I’m having a hell of a time trying to find them. Might be a stupid question, but hey I need it answered.

[quote]beammeup wrote:
Does anyone know where to get just plan maltodextrin and dextrose? I’m having a hell of a time trying to find them. Might be a stupid question, but hey I need it answered.[/quote]

not maltodextrin, but I’ve used DGC by AST before:

[quote]beammeup wrote:
Does anyone know where to get just plan maltodextrin and dextrose? I’m having a hell of a time trying to find them. Might be a stupid question, but hey I need it answered.[/quote]

At a place that sells Homebrew (beer making) supplies.

[quote]Dave_ wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:
Dave_ wrote:
If you can get hold of the ingredients…

6% BCAA
6% L Glutamine
20% Maltodextrin
35% Dextrose
3% Creatine Monohydrate
30% Hydrolysed Whey Protein

Is pretty much the same thing at the same price - but is absolutely disgusting! Biotest have somehow managed to mask that yucky hydrolysed whey.

NB - Surge is obviously whey better (get it?) but as I can’t get hold of the stuff, this is how I get around it :slight_smile:

Dont forget the L-Phenylalanine and the sucralose. Surge also doesnt have creatine monohydrate.

L-Phenylalanine is of minor importance, and sucralose obviously has nothing to do with the effectiveness of Surge.

I am aware that Surge does not have creatine in it - this is a modification of my own which I have found to be very beneficial - as you are supposed to ingest creatine during your post-workout “insulin spiking” anyway.
[/quote]

Hey i just thought you were talking about the exact ingredients of Surge :), so i included the sucralose in relation to the taste department.

Mix dextrose with some whey isolate. You may want to use maltodextrin later as it has a lower glycemic index and it won’t spike insulin levels as much.