Need Mental Alertness/Clarity, Energy

so guys i need some help. i need something to give me more mental alertness/clarity, energy. i want to think faster and have a better memory. so heres the thing, i want to try either Spike, Caffeine-Free Spike, or HRX, but i get anxiety pretty easy with stims.

the downside of HRX is they are caps so i cant break those in half if i need a smaller dose depending on anxiety… and the regular Spike has Yohimbine which gives me bad anxiety… so should i try out the Caffeine-Free Spike and add take some caffeine with it? can you recommend other supps that would help? thanks.

[quote]duddy wrote:
… and the regular Spike has Yohimbine which gives me bad anxiety… so should i try out the Caffeine-Free Spike and add take some caffeine with it? can you recommend other supps that would help? thanks.[/quote]

So yohimbine won’t work for you…i think that Spike (both kinds) and HRX have that in it.

Why buy Caffeine-Free Spike and add caffiene to it?

Just buy some caffiene pills then. Won’t do anything for memory though, maybe some ginko for that?

What do you “need” this for?

http://www.T-Nation.com/productInfo.do?id=2262627

Works great.

[quote]mmllcc wrote:
http://www.T-Nation.com/productInfo.do?id=2262627

Works great.[/quote]

ive been taking rr, its good but i need a boost in mental clarity

[quote]B rocK wrote:
duddy wrote:
… and the regular Spike has Yohimbine which gives me bad anxiety… so should i try out the Caffeine-Free Spike and add take some caffeine with it? can you recommend other supps that would help? thanks.

So yohimbine won’t work for you…i think that Spike (both kinds) and HRX have that in it.

Why buy Caffeine-Free Spike and add caffiene to it?

Just buy some caffiene pills then. Won’t do anything for memory though, maybe some ginko for that?

What do you “need” this for?[/quote]

the Caffeine-Free Spike doesnt have yohimbine in it. i just need more memory energy and what not for a new job im starting.

If you want some mental clarity AND a tasty beverage, I highly recommend the Spike Shotguns. No yohimbine HCL, but a nice hit of caffeine, B-12, Beta alanine, and l-tyrosine.

From experience i can say that nutrition should be your starting point. lots of veggies fruits, and whole grains. Green tea is awsome. I feel like both TRIBEX and Alpha Male make you feel alert and provide clarity. Good luck.

Although I’ve never tried it, I’ve heard nothing but great things about Gingko Biloba (by the way there’s various spellings of this product) as far as mental clarity and short memory gains. Bill Romanowski used this to help him gain back short memory loss caused by having over 22 concussions while playing in the NFL as a linebacker.

Also, I use ginseng (again, various spellings) for general physcial/mental energy and helping make my mood better. I was chronically depressed for about 9 months and started using this and I keep getting happier and happier in general (I didn’t want to use drugs to help mood when this helps naturally.) Now whether my great mood and the use of this herb is just coincidental, I don’t know, but I don’t think it is.

Loads of information here.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/brain_function_boosters

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
If you want some mental clarity AND a tasty beverage, I highly recommend the Spike Shotguns. No yohimbine HCL, but a nice hit of caffeine, B-12, Beta alanine, and l-tyrosine.[/quote]

x2

Add Caffeine-Free Spike tablets to Spike Shotgun if you want an amazing experience.

Orange Gold rules.

What, nobody likes Power Drive?

http://www.T-Nation.com/productInfo.do?id=459249

I use it PWO to aid in CNS recovery, but it’s marketed as “Rocket fuel for the mind,” exactly what you’re looking for as far as mental alertness/clarity goes.

[quote]TheSolution wrote:
Although I’ve never tried it, I’ve heard nothing but great things about Gingko Biloba (by the way there’s various spellings of this product) as far as mental clarity and short memory gains. Bill Romanowski used this to help him gain back short memory loss caused by having over 22 concussions while playing in the NFL as a linebacker.
[/quote]

Gingko doesn’t do squat by itself for most people. It ‘might’ helped get other active ingredients to the brain, however.

Besides, I’m pretty sure Romanowski used stronger pharmaceuticals for this purpose and everything else. The guy was know as a walking pharmacy.

[quote]duddy wrote:
so guys i need some help. i need something to give me more mental alertness/clarity, energy. i want to think faster and have a better memory. so heres the thing, i want to try either Spike, Caffeine-Free Spike, or HRX, but i get anxiety pretty easy with stims.

the downside of HRX is they are caps so i cant break those in half if i need a smaller dose depending on anxiety… and the regular Spike has Yohimbine which gives me bad anxiety… so should i try out the Caffeine-Free Spike and add take some caffeine with it? can you recommend other supps that would help? thanks.[/quote]

What is your diet like? Are you on a low carb diet?

[quote]RichSpidizzy wrote:
What, nobody likes Power Drive?

http://www.T-Nation.com/productInfo.do?id=459249

I use it PWO to aid in CNS recovery, but it’s marketed as “Rocket fuel for the mind,” exactly what you’re looking for as far as mental alertness/clarity goes. [/quote]

Yeah for some reason I thought he said he was taking Power Drive. I started taking the recommended 30-60 pre workout dose, and I’m now using it whenever I feel I need that extra little “kick” for focus. So far it’s been my best experience in regards to Biotest supps. Not that the others haven’t performed, just that it feels like I’ve gotten the greatest benefit from Power Drive thus far.

[quote]Serd wrote:
duddy wrote:

the downside of HRX is they are caps so i cant break those in half if i need a smaller dose depending on anxiety… and the regular Spike has Yohimbine which gives me bad anxiety… so should i try out the Caffeine-Free Spike and add take some caffeine with it? can you recommend other supps that would help? thanks.

What is your diet like? Are you on a low carb diet?[/quote]

yeah im low carb/no carb moderate to high fat high protein tons of fibrous veggies.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
If you want some mental clarity AND a tasty beverage, I highly recommend the Spike Shotguns. No yohimbine HCL, but a nice hit of caffeine, B-12, Beta alanine, and l-tyrosine.

x2

Add Caffeine-Free Spike tablets to Spike Shotgun if you want an amazing experience.

Orange Gold rules.[/quote]

whats in Caffeine-Free Spike?

[quote]Aggro wrote:
Loads of information here.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/brain_function_boosters [/quote]

thnx

I find that Power Drive helps.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
TheSolution wrote:

Gingko doesn’t do squat by itself for most people. It ‘might’ helped get other active ingredients to the brain, however.

Besides, I’m pretty sure Romanowski used stronger pharmaceuticals for this purpose and everything else. The guy was know as a walking pharmacy.[/quote]

Not sure about the Gingko part, but that IS true that Romanowski used abunch of other supps.

MAN, if only I could get his autobiography from my friend, and find the site he has that sells his own blend of neuro-enhancers. The guys a genious when it comes to that, he lost taste and was losing eyesight after his 22+ concussions but gained it back using that blend he sells.

Anyways, if I find the site, I’ll post, if not,m maybe someone can help here?

i think im going to give Caffeine-Free Spike and Power Drive a shot.