Need Input on My Workout

hey i am 22 years old and work as a firefighter/paramedic. i am currently working out once every 3 days doing a 5x5 with bench press, squats, deadlifts, pulley push downs, and lat pulls. i use NOXplode and protein and am not very strict on eating habits i just eat. i am not the biggest guy on the dept and i get unmotivated pretty quick when i see other huge guys.

so if anyone has any tips they can shoot out and/or adjustments to my workout that would be awesome. -thanks

[quote]343 wrote:
hey i am 22 years old and work as a firefighter/paramedic. i am currently working out once every 3 days doing a 5x5 with bench press, squats, deadlifts, pulley push downs, and lat pulls. i use NOXplode and protein and am not very strict on eating habits i just eat. i am not the biggest guy on the dept and i get unmotivated pretty quick when i see other huge guys. so if anyone has any tips they can shoot out and/or adjustments to my workout that would be awesome. -thanks[/quote]

3 days/week doing a 5x5 TBW is fine. You even do all the big compounds.

Other than switching Lat Pulls for Pull/Chin Ups and adding some sort of overhead pressing, the program looks ok.

The ‘problem’ most people seem to have with weightlifting is the inability to understand the fact that you need to change your whole lifestyle (sounds more dramatic than it actually is). the 1 hour lifting does very little if you spend the other 23 hours in a counterproductive way

All your discipline in the weight room will have very little effect if you have no discipline in the kitchen.

Search for the basic stuff (7 habits etc), eat more smaller meals more frequently, drink more water, eat enough fruits/veggies and get enough good fats (fish etc)

NOXplode doesnt do anything, get some Flameout instead

have you taken Flameout?

[quote]343 wrote:
have you taken Flameout?[/quote]

Nope, here in northern Germany fresh fish is very cheap (cheaper than meat) and easily available, so i eat fish almost every day.

But ~90% of the diets a see posted in this forum lack good fats, and thats exactly what you are getting with Flameout.

The best way to stay motivated is to set some goals.

If your goal is to be big like the guys in your gym, set goals that will help you attain that. Odds are that will involve getting stronger. so set a goal of increasing each of your lifts by 50 lbs, when it happens you’ll get excited and want more, motivation solved.