Need Ideas for Training on Difficult Schedule

I recently became a corrections officer which requires 12 hour days on a 5 on 5 off 4 on 4 off work schedule. With a hour drive between home and work along with only a 30 min break to eat and no food allowed inside the prison it makes lifting and eating big difficult to do on work days, I tried sacrificing sleep but that made work hell when u have to be on your guard at all times and as far as lunch goes I just shove down as much clean food as possible.

As far as lifting goes has anyone had good exprience with only training a body part once every 9 to 10 days? Right now I’m doing full body 3 times every 7 to 9 days trying to at least keep what I’ve worked so hardto build but on days I work that’s hell and on days I’m off its not enough. I’ve thought about splits on days off and full body 2 times on days on, but I still can’t find a good fit.

Any thoughts or exprience in similar situations would be greatly appreciated as I am having trouble finding a decent solution as I would still like to progress and not just maintain.

I work 12 hours a day (sometime more, a 16-hour shift is not unusual) 6 days a week. The only thing I can really suggest is to find a gym that you can stop at on the way home.
Is there a canteen or something where you can have your own food, or is it a case of having to eat what they provide you?

[quote]Grumpig Hunt wrote:
I work 12 hours a day (sometime more, a 16-hour shift is not unusual) 6 days a week. The only thing I can really suggest is to find a gym that you can stop at on the way home.
Is there a canteen or something where you can have your own food, or is it a case of having to eat what they provide you?[/quote]

I can get out to the car to eat which in that i count my blessings. I just keep a lunch box with the standard. We get the 16 hour day quite a bit as well but on those days I throw in the towel as sleep in more important to over all health and recovery.

Great dedication on your part, not just working out. 12 hour days 6 days a week is a long week.