Need Ideas for a Tattoo

i know what i want it to represent but have no idea what it should be. I want to be able to look at my tattoo and have it remind me to have strength to take whatever life throws at me. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

A penis.

Good idea. You should also put it where your penis should be, if you need something to remind you to be a man and all.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
A penis. [/quote]

A big pair of hairy balls.

With the caption “I got a pair.”

Preferrably put it on your face. That way you can see it when you wake up in the morning and other people can see it also and know that you really DO have a pair.

The Declaration of Independence

One of my next tats [maybe the next one] will be right on my belt line and say “If you can talk you can sing, if you can walk you can dance.” Another 20lbs or so of muscle and I’m going to get a “chain” that wraps around my shoulders,clavicle,upper back that reads " I ask why you’ve enlightened me, without the enlightenment of all my folk, and you said because I have set myself on a quest for truth, and you were there to quench my thirst. But I am still thirsty."

a penis and balls those are some real orignal ideas. either contribute something useful or just shut up.

[quote]Mike T. wrote:
Good idea. You should also put it where your penis should be, if you need something to remind you to be a man and all.

StevenF wrote:
A penis.

[/quote]

how long did it take you to think that one up? what i meant by saying that is just to face problems and have a reminder to just suck it up and go on with life. so really there is no reason to be an asshole just because i worded it that way.

[quote]dizzydz33 wrote:
wow thanks for the great ideas. those ones about balls and a penis are comin from somebody who can probably only type stuff on a computer and couldn’t do any thing if faced with a real challenge.[/quote]

Its a pointless question. If you don’t have anything of significance to say or remember by the use of a tatoo… why get one at all?

You’re asking other people what to tatoo on your own body. Which is going to last you until you are dead.

Sounds ridiculous in my opinion.

[quote]dizzydz33 wrote:
a penis and balls those are some real orignal ideas. either contribute something useful or just shut up.[/quote]

Fine, get “pussy” across your forehead.

Guys a tattoo is a big deal. It’s with you for life basically. So try to understand why a guy might want to make sure he’s thought of everything before going ahead with it.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
dizzydz33 wrote:
wow thanks for the great ideas. those ones about balls and a penis are comin from somebody who can probably only type stuff on a computer and couldn’t do any thing if faced with a real challenge.

Its a pointless question. If you don’t have anything of significance to say or remember by the use of a tatoo… why get one at all?

You’re asking other people what to tatoo on your own body. Which is going to last you until you are dead.

Sounds ridiculous in my opinion.[/quote]

well i know what it would represent i just can’t think of a symbol that would be any good because the T-Nation symbol represents what i want it to be but thats not what i want.

A big pair of hairy balls.

With the caption “I got a pair.”

Preferrably put it on your face. That way you can see it when you wake up in the morning and other people can see it also and know that you really DO have a pair.[/quote]

The chin would be a perfect spot for that one.

To the op: All kidding aside, what do you think symbolizes strength? A couple off the top of my head are the T-Nation logo and the westside barbell dog w/ barbell. Or Captain America or the Hulk…

[quote]dizzydz33 wrote:
well i know what it would represent i just can’t think of a symbol that would be any good because the T-Nation symbol represents what i want it to be but thats not what i want.[/quote]

Then its obvious that you just want to get a tattoo. You just don’t really care which one. You just want one.

Sounds like a mistake to me.

Okay… i posted this in a previous thread so i will post it here because i think it will help

Okay… I have 27 tattoos. Some in color, some not, some in a written language (all translated by the most reliable of sources, the Chinese characters down the back of my head were translated by my dad, who is off the boat from Taiwan, and the Hebrew was an English verse translated INTO Hebrew by a, get this, Conservative Lesbian Rabbi) and some not, some of people, some of animals… Here is the advice i give to everyone when they are thinking about getting a tattoo

1. Never get your first tattoo somewhere where you can not see it every day of your life. It is VERY important that you can see it because i know quite a few people who got one on their back as there first one, and didnt like it, but ended up getting another one because they didnt have that reminder in their face everyday that they had one they were not happy with.

2. Never get words, character, numbers, or letters in your first tattoo. I know ballet dancers who at 18 get something like “Dance is life” tattooed on their ankle or foot and then they go off to university, and they go off and audition… and never get a job as a dancer. I know people who get initials and things, or worse yet, their own name tattooed on them. Um… can you not remember your name?
    Further more getting a foreign word tattooed on you that isnt part of who you are or your heritige is tricky, not only to get translated correctly, but also when someone OF that heritige sees it and asks you why exactly you have Chinese written on you if you are not clearly Chinese.

3. This might be the most important health wise. Know your artist!
    Ask questions, ask to see work, ask if they are certified in Adult CPR, First Aid, and have had blood borne pathogen training from the American Red Cross. Look for cleanliness and letters from local health departments commending them.
    I have had the same artist for 7 years, and have gone to the same establishment for 9. My artist is not only my tattoo artist but she is also a very good friend who has all of the things i mentioned above displayed, as do the artists who work under her, for all of her clients to see.

My next tattoo is a of the Angel Of Death as described in Jewish folklore and Rabbinic tradition, not all grim reaper and things. Following that i will have a black widow spider tattooed above a scorpion i have on my right foot, however it is in homage to the Black Widow in Marvel comics so the “hourglass” will be replaced with a red Hammer and Sickle, two of the legs will be stepping onto a Red Star outline with an esoteric symbol that represents, and facilitates, the ending of war and conflict inside of the star.

As you can see tattooing your body should be a big deal and well thought out. And thinking outside of the box will make for a more personal and cooler tattoo, and the experience will benfit both you and your artist.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1432749&pageNo=0#1432886

Just go and pick a totally unoriginal flamer tat off the wall. You will be totally satisfied to know someone else designed it and you have no idea what it really means. That’s really cool.

Or just go with a pair of balls with a chin right underneath them??

dizzydz33 wrote:
well i know what it would represent i just can’t think of a symbol that would be any good because the T-Nation symbol represents what i want it to be but thats not what i want.

Then its obvious that you just want to get a tattoo. You just don’t really care which one. You just want one.

Sounds like a mistake to me.[/quote]

I agree.

I will get things tattooed on me that will not change…ever.

I have a celtic cross on my back, similar to the one in my avatar- I’m going to be Irish and Catholic until I die, and that cannot change.

My next one I was thinking about getting the Gadsden Flag, the one from the Revolutionary War that has the coiled snake with the words, “Don’t tread on me”.

Another one I was thinking of was two crossed swords with a crown, with the word “Defiant” on a banner below it.

I won’t get a tattoo unless I want it for a minimum of two years.