Need Ideas for a Circuit

Basically I am focusing my training on fat loss. I got one lift that focuses on a few reps at near maximal load (to maintain strength) followed by two or three exercises that are done with short rest periods to support fatloss and metabolic conditioning.

Sundays line Up was:

1)Squat
2A) Atlas Stone
2B) Axle Clean and Press
3) 10 minutes of bike sprints (20 seconds on 40 seconds off)

The squat involves working up to a 5RM over a period of 4 weeks. This is strength maintenance.

2A and 2B are super sets done for 3 reps (to keep the load reasonable) with 60 seconds rest/set. This coming week I have to do 5 sets.

Now Today I have to do:
1)Deadlift
2A)
2B)
3)

Undecided. Taking suggestions.

Friday I have to do OH Press and Bench for strength. I was thinking of only doing the yoke for short rest periods on that day.

For some reason this question is really bugging me…

2A Sled push
2B Sled pull
3 One-hand farmers

I can see there is some big interest with this thread. I ended up doing

bench press
barbell row
standing ab wheel thing (stand up straight with a plate held out from your chest and turn as if you are driving a car)

for 60 seconds rest/set.

It was a little easy so I am thinking either increase the reps or decrease the rest period.

A good circuit for fat loss on a bench or OH press day is:

Bench press or OH Press (pick one) x 2-3 @ 75-85% 1RM
5 Burpee’s

10 minute EMOM (every minute on the minute)
At the top of the minute do your pressing then 5 burpee’s then rest until it’s time to go again. If it’s to heavy lower the weight and if it’s to light add more.

[quote]JSRRR wrote:
A good circuit for fat loss on a bench or OH press day is:

Bench press or OH Press (pick one) x 2-3 @ 75-85% 1RM
5 Burpee’s

10 minute EMOM (every minute on the minute)
At the top of the minute do your pressing then 5 burpee’s then rest until it’s time to go again. If it’s to heavy lower the weight and if it’s to light add more.[/quote]

EMOM (every minute on the minute) is a murderer. Outside of that if I’m looking for good medley/circuit training I look at contests. There’s always some nutty shit in those, like the circus DB/one arm deadlift from nationals.

Sled/prowler with a load that allows 30-60secs of work, i.e. in the lactate zone with MHR 88% upwards.

Since you are a strongman it makes sense to train light versions of medleys

Just choose two events (light weight) and do them after each workout for 5 runs.

Ideas
Tire flip 60ft, Farmers carry back

Farmers carry 60ft, drag sled back (backwards)

Key carry 60ft, Tire flip back

Yoke carry 60ft, drag sled back (backwards)

I came up with one that worked pretty well (probably already exists)
Flip tire, throw a 30lb med ball in the hole, flip, throw, flip etc

Also cleaning every rep on the log press is a killer. Do some high rep, light sets after your upper body days?

I prefer medleys tho…