I am 5’10"(180cm), close to 200lb and probably around 27-30 BMI
Oh yeah and I am 25
My experience in the gym is close to 0 (around 8 months on and off)
I really want to start working seriously in the gym, obiously with serious results. The main ideea is to look good and feel good (don’t care about strenght or perfomance) Problem is, I don’t really know where to start. Looking at my high % of body fat and really under developed muscles, initially, I thought of just concentrating on losing fat, mostly through intervals and any other type of cardio (right now I enjoy it a bit more than lifting). Then I figured that since I am a beginner and also a fat bloke I can loose fat easily while my muscles are also proned to fast growth so why not do that (mainly looked at the Destroying fat article). Obviously if I set some propper goals for myself I also need to choose a fit program which is again weird since I bit unexperienced.
A thing that keeps me wondering is, since I am close to 30% boday fat should I go for programs like the one in the Destroying fat article which is probably for guys going from 15%to 10% ?
So guys, I need to know how and where to start, and what my initial goals should look like. Heeeeelp
For those of you that can give me some advice on what I should set as a goal I also have some more info:
- I gain both muscle and fat easily
- I don’t really want to grow lower muscle (I know some people say that they don’t need it and they are wrong but seriously I have freak feet, In the gym I have more strength in my feet than most serios bodybuilders there) - I know I still have to work those muscles to get full body stimulation (growth hormones and such)
- I can only put in a maximum of 1.5h per day at the gym (mostly 5d/w) and except WE breakfast is 30 mins before the gym (feels like crap but can’t change it)
- Due to financial and location issues I only have acces to creatine, Whey protein (I figure carb free for me) and fish oil
- despite my current status, my muscle coordination is above averge (for beginners) and I always was a pretty sporty guy (played all kind of sports until 2-3 years ago)
- I have been hitting the gym for 2 months now which probably allows me to skip the first weeks of getting to know the gym, weights, etc
- Oh yeah and I develop pects quite fast, triceps and biceps moderately, shoulder areas are medium to slow, upper back is by far my weakest area (probably the one I need to work the hardest )