Need Help With Recovery and Limiting Soreness!

For some reason or another, my soreness after an intense workout seems to be much worse than that of my peers, and also seems to last longer. The maximum soreness sets in the first day after and lasts well into my third day off even though I remain active in an attempt to get the “garbage out and the groceries in.” However, I’m not sure I’m getting the right groceries into my system.

Currently, I only take the following supplements:
-Whey Protien (ISO-100 by Dymatize). 1.5 scoops during workout and 1.5 after.
-Fish Oil (NOW Foods Ultra Omega-3). 2 pills per day
-ZMA (NOW Foods). 1 pill per night
-Melotonin. 5mg per night

What should I add and/or change? I love challenging workouts, but being this sore and incapable for several days after is miserable. I can barely move most days.

What are you eating every day?? Supps only do so much. If diet is shit you will be sore longer as well as it depends on your fitness level compared to theres.

You could try upping omega 3s. I eat 200g salmon a day. If you can’t afford or don’t like that, get the liquid stuff and try 2 tablespoons, which is equivalent of circa 20 pills.

Also I like blueberries they have anti inflammatory properties, I eat 100g with oats or you can add to your shake.

Glutamine is also very good for recovery.

For soreness and muscular/local recovery you really can’t beat Plazma & MAG-10 if you can afford it.

If your diet isnt in order you shouldnt expect a bunch of supplements off the internet to fill in the blanks.

[quote]Mantra46 wrote:
You could try upping omega 3s. I eat 200g salmon a day. If you can’t afford or don’t like that, get the liquid stuff and try 2 tablespoons, which is equivalent of circa 20 pills.

Also I like blueberries they have anti inflammatory properties, I eat 100g with oats or you can add to your shake.

Glutamine is also very good for recovery.[/quote]

While fish oil in higher doses MIGHT help with DOMS, glutamine has been demonstrated to be of NO value whatsover in this department. Save your money.

I’d consider something quick acting amino acids and carbs intra/pre for better recovery. You might want to look into Plazma sold on this website.

Postworkout stretching helps a lot. Failing that, I’ve always found that taking magnesium (150 mg) and vitamin C (500 mg) right after the workout actually makes it very difficult to get DOMS even if I tried. But if you already workout at night, then perhaps mag doesn’t work for you since you already take ZMA at night?

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
For soreness and muscular/local recovery you really can’t beat Plazma & MAG-10 if you can afford it.[/quote]

x2

[quote]Mantra46 wrote:

Are you at all concerned with mercury and eating salmon every day?

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:

[quote]Mantra46 wrote:

Are you at all concerned with mercury and eating salmon every day?[/quote]

Probably not a big concern compared to Tuna or others (http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=dailytip&dbid=116)

Just wanted to point out that the recommended dosage for NOW ZMA is three pills, not one. Supplements aside, Defranco agile 8 helps me workout some soreness, especially the foam rolling. Also, contrast showers seem to help a bit too.

First, what everyone else said about diet first.

In terms of supplements, I feel like acetyl l-carnitine, at least 1000mg in the morning has taken the edge off of DOMS.