Need Help With PWO Drinks

I have a problem with PW drinks. A couple years ago I got sick in my stomach after drinking a pw shake, so I threw up at night and so on. I don’t think it was the drink that did it, probably something I ate, but ever since, my brain/stomach associates the sweet taste in all PW drinks with puking, so I can’t drink them…

I tried with Surge today and it was the same thing. So I’m wondering if anyone has any advice, like can I mix something in the Surge drink, bananas or something, that removes the taste? Or am I doomed forever? :frowning:

You’re doomed forever and ever.

You could try adding something like a banana, but that will change the carb to protein ratio and slow down the absorbtion rate. I add pure cocoa powder once in a while. It doesn’t change the nutrition, just the flavor.

WTF?!

Mix a bunch of shit together until you figure out what works. Who cares if you throw up. I have vomited after many training sessions. BFD.

Quit being a little beeoch and find a way to make the protein go down.

[quote]Henkovitch wrote:
I have a problem with PW drinks. [/quote]

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Quit being a little beeoch and find a way to make the protein go down.[/quote]

This is actually the solution to many a training problem :slight_smile:

[quote]Miserere wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Quit being a little beeoch and find a way to make the protein go down.

This is actually the solution to many a training problem :-)[/quote]

Yes indeed. Of course it’s nice when you like the taste of something. But, as I have said before if I thought something was going to get me bigger and stronger then it was taken. Surprises me when I hear males complain of such things.

D

[quote]Henkovitch wrote:
I have a problem with PW drinks. A couple years ago I got sick in my stomach after drinking a pw shake, so I threw up at night and so on. I don’t think it was the drink that did it, probably something I ate, but ever since, my brain/stomach associates the sweet taste in all PW drinks with puking, so I can’t drink them…

I tried with Surge today and it was the same thing. So I’m wondering if anyone has any advice, like can I mix something in the Surge drink, bananas or something, that removes the taste? Or am I doomed forever? :([/quote]

I remember wideguy mentioning on here once before that he would mix his Surge with diet root beer. I have never tried it, but I am intrigued to give it a whirl.

I believe chocolate milk makes a relatively decent PWO drink if all else fails.

I blend a banana with Metabolic Drive when I don’t have Surge available.

wouldnt a banana make it sweeter?
just make your brain associte it with getting bigger and stronger
mind over matter

If it hasn’t been too long since you got sick, take a short break from the post workout drink.

Then go ahead and mix some up, and take little sips throughout the day until your system breaks the association of postworkout drink/puking.

If it’s the liquid sweetness you can’t stand, you could chow down on some sweet tarts to get your carb source post workout. The first two ingrediants are dextrose and maltodextrin.

Surge is the best tasting shake i have. It just takes a while to get used to the sweetness. I couldnt stand it the first week i used it, but then it grew on me. I do use about 4oz more water than it recommends though.

If you want to get big, you have to make sacrifices, such as eating cottage cheese. but after a while, you will get to like it.

goodluck.
or, like it was said above, try chocolate milk.